Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve 3.6l operating temp

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hey guys

I have a ve v6 with approx 295xxx km on the clock and I noticed my thermostat needed replacing and my water pump as they had seen better days. I also bought a new radiator cap as well.

After all.that I made a 50/50 coolant mix and bled the system, now when I'm driving cruising it sits around 97-98 and freeway doing 100 around 100-101.

I also noticed my over flow bottle is full too as I made a home made coolant bleed bottle from a old radiator cap which I put too much coolant in it and it went to the over flow but do they seem like normal temps ? Or should Is my radiator needed to be replaced aswell ?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
That sounds like Normal,
Has the radiator been replaced ?,
And Is the Radiator leaking ?
The average life for a radiator, that's also depends on the type of driving, and when the car is located,
can last from 150,000 k's till 190,000 k's or even more, as long as it maintained correctly.
I have 176,000 k's on my VE and its still the original one.
[Side note] Where my Wife's 2002 VY radiator failed as 180,000 k's [mid last year]

Last edited:

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
That sounds like Normal,
Has the radiator bene replaced ?,
And Is the Radiator leaking ?
The average life for a radiator, that's also depends on the type of driving, and when the car is located,
can last from 150,000 k's till 190,000 k's or even more, as long as it maintained correctly.
I have 176,000 k's on my VE and its still the original one.
[Side note] Where my Wife's 2002 VY radiator failed as 180,000 k's [mid last year]

The radiator has never been replaced and doesnt seem to be leaking at all as the car has done 295xxx km so I've had a good run with it