Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 5 speed auto to 6 speed auto conversion.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Holden apparently had a good price on new 6L-xx gear boxes this month.

Our VE is having the 5L-50e disassembled to see what catastrophe happened today.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So if we can upload a manual edit, in simple theory, we could use one of these and it would work?

http://www.zerogravityperformance.c...ic-transmission-controller-6l80e-6l90e-6l50e/

But my reckoning yes but the below response from zero gravity seems to suggest you can just use the existing ECM without the TCM-2650 but they reference a 58X ECU when my car has a E77 ECU. I’ve requested clarification on if the E77 can be used to control the 6L50 directly without the TCM-2650 or if you need a manual edit and the TCM-2650.

“The TCM2650 a gateway module that will get the 6L80E/90E and 8L90E transmission running . It requires a Throttle Position and Engine RPM signal. It is not a true stand alone controller, It is only a gateway module, you will still need to have the factory transmission controller programmed. For the 6L50E 6L80E and 6L90E, the TCM is located inside the transmission.To modify shift feel and shift points and TCC lock up you will need to use Hptuners or EFI live. That is all performed in the TCM inside the transmission. The TCM does not output any thing to the engine. You do not need this module if you keep the GM 58X ECM.”