Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 6 Stacker Headunit Removal

kgb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Hi folks, i just brought a new SSV Ute a few weeks back.

Looking to play with the sound system but i'm not sure how to remove the head unit.

If anyone can give me an idea of how to remove it?

Even if someone were to upload an image of the dash with arrows as to where there are screws or clips.

I'm completely new to these blaupunkt cheeseunits, i mean, head units.

Thanks Everyone :)

kgb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Anyone able to help?

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
im not %100 on the VE's but the headunit is intergrated into the CANbus system so if you remove stuff might not work.

either a add a new h/u through the aux on the stock one or: use LOCs(line out convertors)

What do you mean play with the sound system? Do u want to take it apart and have a look?

kgb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Basically i just wanna know how to get the head unit out. I understand that all the air con and what not runs thru it, it's going to go back in.

But i need to pull it out to get a line out converter in there, one would imagine the plastic around it just pulls off, however that runs all the way to the top of the dash, so i'm not game to just start tugging on things :p

Don't really wanna have to pay someone to put it in there.
I did the sound system on my Lexus without any issues but the process of pulling the screen out was much more obvious.

Last edited:

-JD-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0L
I wouldn't mind knowing as well, also if someone could explain the aux(s) I understand the front aux is audio only. I also have the rear dvd player installed as well (rear aux), how many aux does the unit support? can I add a reversing cam? If you get yours out kgb can you post some pictures.

THX!

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
KGB, i know you dont have to pull the stereo out to wire up a LOC....you can access the stereo plug by taking off the drivers side of the centre console i beleive, and the stereo plug is mounted there.