Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE A/C Fan Speed Fluctuating

BIG_JV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Hey Guys,

I've got an 08 Sv6 and when I turn on the A/C, the fan speed goes on full blast then fluctuates down and up for about 30 sec before returning to the speed that its set on. It works normally after that. I've done a search on the forums and tried the re-learn procedure thing, but makes no difference. Does anyone know what causes the fan speed to fluctuate like this?

Mungus

SSV364
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV Sportswagon
BJV,
My recent experience is not exactly as yours, but some similarities. My a/c was randomly adjusting fan speed as is yours; not often, but every few days it would do this and mostly in the first couple of minutes. then it would seem like there was less air flow than normal and not very cold. Another issue was I could not get the air to change off the face setting. So I tried the re-learn and each time I did I could hear clicking sounds coming from the right hand side of the dash speaker. After a bit of research I was certain it would be the worn cogs or a broken link, so I took it to the local auto sparky to see what he thought. (Same mob that removed the dash for a previous a/c warranty job - also thinking maybe they stuffed something up) After a check, they found it to be the two left hand servo motors. They had difficulty communicating with them. There are four all up (two either side somewhere up near that speaker) They got it working again but could not say how long it would last. Parts ordered (about 15bucks each), they replaced them, Comms all good, reset all good and back to working like it should and with no infrequent fan speed changes. Doesn't answer your question, but highlights things aren't always as they seem. Good luck.