Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Accessory wire tap in

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Hey all,

Safe to say it has been a whhiilleeee... but theres a new ute (2012 VE Thunder).

I've downloaded the 640MB file for VE wiring diagram and had previously looked at one of the threads aiming to pick the headlight (low) or rear number plate light wires to tap into for footwell lighting.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ve-headlight-wiring-urgent.271936/ this thread provided two diagrams, of which i went for NW (BROWN/WHITE) which should have been the rear number plate lamps (it was not) although, it seems to be an accessory wire? So turns on when ignition is turned on etc.

Wires were piggybacked in passenger footwell corner.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Or point me in the direction of a specific wire colour for actuation when headlights on.

Many thanks.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
there is a light wire behind panel on centre console panel by your left knee, it has +ve,-ve, and illumination, was part of the cig/smokers pack connection, pull down lower panel and it is in a plug mounted to frame, easy to get at

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That plug is compatible with standard Narva 3 pin connectors, so no need to bastardise the wiring.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Last edited: