Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve aerpro fascia kit faulty?

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 not a 5 speed auto :(
So brought a ve aerpro fascia kit and during installation i tested if it was working and everything seemed fine but then i did further testing with the car engine running instead of on accessories and it crashes and gets stuck on a reboot cycle and you can't controll anything and constantly reboots untill you turn car off and restart, Anyone had this or know of any suggestions to fix it?

Have called the place i brought it from and they want me to send it back in for testing etc but i can't be assed waiting and i want to troubleshoot before sending it in incase it is a user error or just needs resetting or something.

They didn't give me any suggestions just told me to send it in for them to send to aerpro for testing and then i called aerpro and they said they cant do anything just call who you brought it from and they'll sort it out. They won't offer refund even after testing and will only send a reshipment after they do further testing

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds like a major fault to me.

ACL says you get to choose the remedy, i.e. repair, replace or refund.

Remind the vendor if their legal obligations.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Is the SV6 dual zone?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey bro, you get this problem sorted? My kit is doing the same thing and I just installed it, Pissing me off. Cheers
They tend to play up when newly installed. It should come good, but will likely require multiple resets over the next week or two. Try not to remove the power to it unless you absolutely have too or it will play up again each time you do.

epicdump109

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
They tend to play up when newly installed. It should come good, but will likely require multiple resets over the next week or two. Try not to remove the power to it unless you absolutely have too or it will play up again each time you do.
Damn the bloke on support told me to disconnect the battery and let it reset, I’ll give it till Friday/Saturday to sort itself. If not I’ll return it to supercheap and swap for a new one

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Damn the bloke on support told me to disconnect the battery and let it reset, I’ll give it till Friday/Saturday to sort itself. If not I’ll return it to supercheap and swap for a new one
You can try that but unlikely to fix it. Mine plays up for a week or two after the power is cut. I avoid disconnecting the power if at all possible. Keep resetting it it should come good eventually. Swapping it over will probably mean the same problems. VE HAVAC is a complicated system and swapping out the factory unit seems to cause issues for a bit until it sorts itself out.
Mine has been playing up for about a week but seems to be fixed now. Mech disconnected the battery cable much to my dislike. I've been through this before when power is disconnected.