Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Aftermarket Headunit Removal

Jackson928

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Hey

I recently purchased a VE Commodore and it has the Aerpro aftermarket fascia kit installed.

I want to change the headunit to a new one but not sure how to remove the headunit from the fascia kit.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You’ll work it out from this. The old “removal is a reversal of the installation” trick.

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
Yes this, I just did mine. Despite having a trade background these youtube vids make the process very easy. Especially the thermistor mounting technique, which is quite frankly a PITA...

Just make sure if you plan a subwoofer/reverse cam in future you wire those up while you do the headunit and leave them coiled somewhere, you'll thank your future self...

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
Just reread your post - you want to remove the radio.

You need two little "keys" made out of sheet metal about 6mm wide that slide into the middle of the side of the radio which latch the stainless spring back so you can pull the radio out.

If I was a courteous installer I would leave them in the glovebox or center console