Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Air Con - Fan Actuator?

bradwilks80

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2009 SV6 ute with air con issues. The air con has not been icy cold since I have owned the car from new. Recently there has been an inflate/pop noise happening on the passenger side dash area on startup.

Holden have advised that it requires a new fan actuator under warranty. What does this do and will it fix just the pop noise or also cooling performance?

The car did have the oil/O rings replaced in the compressor as a recall problem 12months ago.

On the way home I have also noticed that no matter what setting is selected the air is blowing mega hot. Has something not been connected back up properly?

Should I be asking for any other work to be done? I had read there is also a sensor that fixes the cooling and should it also be regassed?

The car will go back once the parts arrive and I want to ensure I have info before I go back.

Last edited:

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Sounds like Holdens problem, not yours. You don't need info to sound "smart" when you drop off the car, just tell them what's occurring, and it will be repaired. If not, then goto a better dealer. Good old warranty :rofl2: