Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Alarm Going Off!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi Josh,
Did you find the problem? I have a 2010 VE Omega wagon with same symptoms but after disconnecting the alarm horn found that maybe it is the immobilizer side of the system as it is operating the main car horns, headlights, and indicators... I have seen the odd ant in the car and wonder if there might be an ant nest in the immobilizer that is setting it off?
I initially had the car battery tested under load (showed 86% battery capacity) and under no load and it shows a float of around 12.6 V which the Hanes manual says is fine, even though the battery is nearly 7 years old. I'm hesitant to part with NZD$345 for a replacement SLA battery if it is not the root cause of the problem.
Saw a vid showing how to use WD40 spray for all the latches and then religiously exercise the doors/hatch/ and bonnet 10 times or so until the neighbors start looking at you weirdly... Didn't work.

Lucky fella, getting 7 years from a battery.
Might be time to start saving for a new one.

ohmslaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 2011 dual fuel
Lucky fella, getting 7 years from a battery.
Might be time to start saving for a new one.
I've been having the same false alarms on 2011 VE which I eventually traced to the 2pole bonnet switch . Both sections should ground lines when bonnet is closed but one varied from 500 to 15k ohms and the other from 0 to o/c . No amount of CRC into it made any improvement so for now they're both shorted out and the neighbours and local dogs are greatly relieved.

And re batteries - the original battery is still in the car which will be 10yrs old in Feb ! Don't know if the same unit is still in production but clearly the best I've ever had in 60 yrs of cars.

BM412

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but finally found this thread which describes exactly what I'm experiencing. Alarm in my VE will randomly go off around once per week. Last night was 130am and then 245am and I'm getting sick of it. Interestingly, last few times this has happened has been at home whilst the car was unlocked. I'm not sure if door / bonnet sensors will be the cause if the car is unlocked? I'm leaning towards the FOB key but battery was only recently replaced and this was still happening. Usually when it goes off I have to run outside and start the engine momentarily to reset it. Using the key to turn it off doesn't do it. Most of the time lately when at shopping centres or at work I manually use the key in the lock to lock it. It did activate once at work though after being locked like this. So the alarm will activate either locked or unlocked.