Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Alarm Going Off!

Benjamin123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi everyone,

My 2008 VE OMEGA wagon's horn alarm randomly started going off during the day / night. I took it to 2 Auto-electricians, who couldn't explain it. I then took it to Holden, who said the alarm didn't go off (it was there for 2 weeks). But of course would go off when I took it home. Anybody heard of this before?
Can I just disable the alarm somehow?

Thank you!

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Hi everyone,

My 2008 VE OMEGA wagon's horn alarm randomly started going off during the day / night. I took it to 2 Auto-electricians, who couldn't explain it. I then took it to Holden, who said the alarm didn't go off (it was there for 2 weeks). But of course would go off when I took it home. Anybody heard of this before?
Can I just disable the alarm somehow?

Thank you!
Key Fob battery OK?

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Hi,
It was actually playing up just before it started to happen. I got it replaced, but of course the alarm still goes.
Thank you!
You should have 2 keychain/fobs
Have U tried the other one?

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
Sticky key fob button?

The remote has the red alarm button on it, is it possible it’s somehow making contact/short circuiting?

What if you try locking the car then remove the key fob battery and see if it still goes off

Benjamin123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thank you. Would that red alarm button make it go off for around 30 seconds? Or just the once when you press it?

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Thank you. Would that red alarm button make it go off for around 30 seconds? Or just the once when you press it?
Hit the red button and hold for a couple of secs and you will get a horn beeping (good for finding lost car in carparks)
Press again and it should go into alarm mode.