Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Alarm Going Off!

Benjamin123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Can't believe I didn't think of this. it started happening when the key was falling apart, and I was taking it to the beach every day. The key guy replaced the shell a couple of months ago but it kept happening. I'm taking it to him today, I'll let you know how I go.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Hit the red button and hold for a couple of secs and you will get a horn beeping (good for finding lost car in carparks)
Press again and it should go into alarm mode.
I always thought that if you held in the panic button (red), it just went straight into alarm mode?

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
I always thought that if you held in the panic button (red), it just went straight into alarm mode?
That's how mine works so I just assumed that they were all the same but obviously not.

Nicccoleee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
Can't believe I didn't think of this. it started happening when the key was falling apart, and I was taking it to the beach every day. The key guy replaced the shell a couple of months ago but it kept happening. I'm taking it to him today, I'll let you know how I go.
My car is doing the same thing.. Was it the key that was the problem? Or what was the issue! I have no idea where to even look

Josh Wood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega, V6 2011 series 2
I’ve got the same problem, the alarm keeps going off at completely random times. 1pm, 2am, 6am. Only just started happening out of the blue. Can anyone explain where the sensors are? I’ve got a feeling it’s my bonnet that’s the problem, but just can’t figure out where or how to sort it. Garage told me I might need a new ECU so walked away from that straight away.

any help is much appreciated as It’s happening every night

cheers

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Hi, to elliminate the bonnet sw as a possible cause of the problem
just remove it and put insulation tape
around it so it can’t short to ground.
Thats how it works. When you raise the bonnet the switch shorts to ground.
Cheers.

Josh Wood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega, V6 2011 series 2
Ok thanks I’ll try that!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Might have covid-19.
Plug it in to a tech tool it should tell you which switch, how is the car battery, the bonnet be ok it be more like a door switch or boot switch.

dlb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE Omega
Ok thanks I’ll try that!
Hi Josh,
Did you find the problem? I have a 2010 VE Omega wagon with same symptoms but after disconnecting the alarm horn found that maybe it is the immobilizer side of the system as it is operating the main car horns, headlights, and indicators... I have seen the odd ant in the car and wonder if there might be an ant nest in the immobilizer that is setting it off?
I initially had the car battery tested under load (showed 86% battery capacity) and under no load and it shows a float of around 12.6 V which the Hanes manual says is fine, even though the battery is nearly 7 years old. I'm hesitant to part with NZD$345 for a replacement SLA battery if it is not the root cause of the problem.
Saw a vid showing how to use WD40 spray for all the latches and then religiously exercise the doors/hatch/ and bonnet 10 times or so until the neighbors start looking at you weirdly... Didn't work.