Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Alarm Upgrade

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
Hi, anyone had a genuine holden alarm upgrade fitted or fitted it themselves?
Just wondering how hard they are to fit, and if its just plug and play? dont want to drill any holes etc.
Thanks.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
G'day mate, yeah I had one fitted by the dealer. I reckon it was the biggest waste of money! It doesn't do anything extra that the standard one doesn't already do. Plus it randomly goes off for no reason. I've had it for just over a year and a half and its probly gone off 3-4 times in that time without anything bumping it or any loud cars going past or anything. All the upgrade adds is a siren so when the alarm goes off the horn and the siren goes off. And there are movement sensors for the inside that fits straight into the little rectangle cover on the A pillars. It doesn't seem very good either. I can push up and down on the boot/bonnet to get the car rocking pretty hard and the alarm doesn't go off. Same with side to side etc. So don't know how good it would be if someone was really trying to get into it.

I don't know how hard it is to install but I don't reckon it would be worth it anyway.

I think they drilled holes in the engine bay to screw the siren on.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I was offered an upgrade to mine but I knocked it back for that reason. The cost was too much and had very little in return for the car.

Nothing at the end of the day is going to stop a thief from breaking your windows and stealing your stuff. Certainly not a beeping horns and siren package.

Shock sensors... just tell you the obvious when you return to your car and there is a huge hole in the side! Doesn't stop them.

As long as the car is there when I return I will be happy. Mine does tell me which part of the factory alarm has been triggered though.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the replys.
I priced a kit over the holden spare parts counter $475 but they still cant tell me if its just plug and play and if it comes with fitting instructions.

By the sound of it , its not a real advantage anyway

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
just to let u guys know
the VE "dealer/factory" alarm upgrade isnt plug and play
it involves splicing into critical CANBUS wires, etc and can be quite risky and as others have found very buggy with going off randomly
also involves running wires to doors, boot, bonnet, etc for the switches

a company has just released a CANBUS plug and play system where it comes loaded with your cars information in the module (allows u to take alarm to next car if u sell and buy another one and programmed for the car u install it in)
only involves 2 wires to be spliced which arent critical and plugs into the CANBUS and monitors it.
has inputs for sensors to be added.
when u get holden to reprogram keys, modules, etc the alarm re learns the new paramters and adapts

pricing is pretty much similar to the holden system

i got the guy that did my custom stereo install to get me one for mine as i refused to have the VE upgrade ones on the market with the wiring that was needed....
so i will be getting it in mine with ultrasonics and tilt sensors in the next week or two!
cant wait :w00t:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
just to let u guys know
the VE "dealer/factory" alarm upgrade isnt plug and play
it involves splicing into critical CANBUS wires, etc and can be quite risky and as others have found very buggy with going off randomly
also involves running wires to doors, boot, bonnet, etc for the switches

a company has just released a CANBUS plug and play system where it comes loaded with your cars information in the module (allows u to take alarm to next car if u sell and buy another one and programmed for the car u install it in)
only involves 2 wires to be spliced which arent critical and plugs into the CANBUS and monitors it.
has inputs for sensors to be added.
when u get holden to reprogram keys, modules, etc the alarm re learns the new paramters and adapts

pricing is pretty much similar to the holden system

i got the guy that did my custom stereo install to get me one for mine as i refused to have the VE upgrade ones on the market with the wiring that was needed....
so i will be getting it in mine with ultrasonics and tilt sensors in the next week or two!
cant wait :w00t:

Can you please let us know what brand of alarm it is, whether it's any good and whether you can add 2 stage microwave sensors to it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Can you please let us know what brand of alarm it is, whether it's any good and whether you can add 2 stage microwave sensors to it. Thanks. :thumbsup:
will find out this saturday as i will be doing some other work on my car with my mate

brand i know but not sure yet if i can say but will find out for ya.
i know it has inputs for sensors so i would say a yes to ur question so far but will confirm

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
if only there is a system that have only a motion sensor for inside the car. I don't think you need anything else.

that german system with the flamethrower and stuff ...... THATS cool :D

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had one fitted by HSVi , there was no extra wiring run to doors boot etc .
they just removed a couple of panels around footwell and i would only have the system fitted if it involved no drilling which it does'nt as they remove one horn and siren bolts straight in.
I thought the G8 export models have this system fitted on the production line ??