Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Alloytec Easy Mods

mitchj109

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais, Holden VE Omega, Mighty Magna
Hi,
I know its a V6, it's "not worth it" or whatever but i'm keen to mod one of my alloytec VEs. (calais)
What're some decent performance upgrades you can get?
It's standard at the moment and made 157.1rwkw, i'm keen to get at least 200? :/

For the people that will comment "buy a 6L", that's coming after I buy a boat lol.

Thanks

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Hi,
I know its a V6, it's "not worth it" or whatever but i'm keen to mod one of my alloytec VEs. (calais)
What're some decent performance upgrades you can get?
It's standard at the moment and made 157.1rwkw, i'm keen to get at least 200? :/

For the people that will comment "buy a 6L", that's coming after I buy a boat lol.

Thanks

Define "Easy"

Last edited:

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
157 rwkw to "at least" 200 rwkw is around 30%, I'm not sure that easy mods and 30% increase go hand in hand, will be interesting to see what comments from others. Even Holden going to SIDI engine from previous Calais/ SV6 3.6 was 195 to 210 Kw which is less than 10% difference. Also you didn't mention budget.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
depends on budget , a Raptor supercharger would get those gains plus more , but they are not cheap , there's lots of bolt on mods but not to the extent you want to get those gains .,

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
You've got to realize that Holden's squeezed a lot out of those engines. It's not cheap to power up past stock like you want.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
I would start with fitting extractors and an OTR CAI (don't forget to properly heat-shield it because that MAF is a hell of an heat-soaker).
I saw a nice bump in responsiveness and low end torque with those.

Then you can add MACE spacers (I might have gained a bit with them but I did the OTR shielding at the same time so maybe it's a combined result).

Maybe a full exhaust (even tho hi flow cats are useless with this kind of power) but you'll probably just gain noise, then a tune but it's gonna cost a lot and I'm not sure you'll be able to reach your 200rwkw goal.

Talking about goals, I think the chase for more power is endless and you just need to be happy with the way it drives at some point. You might be happy with some more torque even if you don't get to your original goal.

And don't forget to put good quality 98 fuel in it, easiest mod ever ;-)

mitchj109

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais, Holden VE Omega, Mighty Magna
I would start with fitting extractors and an OTR CAI (don't forget to properly heat-shield it because that MAF is a hell of an heat-soaker).

Then you can add MACE spacers (I might have gained a bit with them but I did the OTR shielding at the same time so maybe it's a combined result).

Maybe a full exhaust (even tho hi flow cats are useless with this kind of power) but you'll probably just gain noise, then a tune but it's gonna cost a lot and I'm not sure you'll be able to reach your 200rwkw goal.

Talking about goals, I think the chase for more power is endless and you just need to be happy with the way it drives at some point. You might be happy with some more torque even if you don't get to your original goal.

Lives on BP 98 ;) haha
More torque i'd be happy with even. My 05 magna pulls harder than both my ves haha

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS

Does any of these cure the horrible (induction?) noise in the 1400-1600 rev range?
I'm liking the MACE spacer, can't really do too much else to mine as it is a lease car, (VE11 SV6 man)

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Does any of these cure the horrible (induction?) noise in the 1400-1600 rev range?
I'm liking the MACE spacer, can't really do too much else to mine as it is a lease car, (VE11 SV6 man)
With an otr intake you will get more induction noise everywhere, definitely pay to get a good dyno tune to suit