Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE alloytec manifold

pt72supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 Single Turbo Supra
I can get you the heads and cams, you only want the exhaust cam that one has more duration but no more lift. The heads we're supposedly reworked... They are expensive though.

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
I can get you the heads and cams, you only want the exhaust cam that one has more duration but no more lift. The heads we're supposedly reworked... They are expensive though.

Ive had mine apart today cleaned the oil out of it changed the plugs to NGK one the old ones had burnt oil on them and put a new otr intake on.

I will get regrinds unless those exhaust cams you have are cheap? and wont worry about the heads , good news is i have gotten a lower manifold to do some porting on i was goign to port mine today but i needed my car together, now just need to get hold of a upper part and ill be away on the porting side, once i get one i done i can do back to back dyno tests of the porting.

There is some rough cast in the upper manifold but the bottom half is not bad still needs cleaning,

I see in the states you have a thing that bolts after your thorottle body and swirls the air around or somthing any one had anything to say on these ?
There is only two bolts holding the lower manifold on so it should be ok going for straight runner cross flow dual plenums as long as u can get a extention onto these

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
There is three vaccum lines to be worked into it and a airflow/pressure sensor at the back of it, This makes me think it would be easier to make a single plenum straight runner type with just two bolts holding it down.

Or dual ones but have the air flow/pressure sensor on one side and run a small tube across the two to equalize pressure, if one side is slightyly smaller the pressure can be different even if the same flow is going to both.

Also the injectors will need to be re-worked as they are set up on a common rail and fit perfectly between the upper and lower manifolds but not to hard to get some rails welded up and just have flexiable pipe for the fuel to run in,

pt72supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 Single Turbo Supra
Take pics of what you're talking about, because I'm not sure what you mean. Im positive there are more than two bolts, and I don't know of an air swirler. Can you show me what you are talking about please?

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
anything else happening here? this looked quite promising.
i'd be interested to see what happens here before purchasing a CPR6

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
There is more than two bolts yes in the upper manifold,but the lower section is only held on with two bolts there for the new manifold could use these two bolts only for mounting,

The more i look into it the harder its going to be to re-create a manifold as the injectors rails will have to be all custom, i do how ever, offer a port matched upper and lower manifold for a ve alloytec 190 kw version, the upper and lower manifold ahve been port matched to suit mace intake spacers,

This is strickly a swap deal, ill send you the new ones and you send you old un ported ones back only for ve alloytec 190.

you will require more gasket goo for the spacers .

Price is 400 plus postage and $140 extra if you dont have the spacers ill send you a set included,

These are not ported intakes just port matched and cleaned up runners, also the hump inside the lower manifold where the injector protrudes into the manifold has been reduced.

Will attach pictures asap.

I offer this to everyone but your manifold will have to be sent to me with your spacers and i will require two days to do it.
Price is 350 to do your manifolds and you cover postage both ways.

If you sit the spacers on the lower manifold you can see there is about 2-3 mm extra on the manifold compared to the spacers this is the same if not more on the upper manifold. This interupts flow of air into the cylinders. Can be seen quite well in the third picture.

The casting process is very rough on the upper manifold but not as bad on the lower section. These are not highly polished just enought o open teh ports and promote better flow.

Have not had it dynoed back to back yet, as i took it off done the work and put it back on a dyno run would not be accurate a few days apart, if someone purchases this and does a back to back dyno run and emails me the results i will refund 100 dollars,

Although on the road you can feel more touque down low and in middle range and slighty more power. Im not claiming results as i dont know this is just how it feels.

PM me for more info or txt msg 0409664536

Progressive pics soon
First lower manifold port matched and runners cleaned up still to sand paper wheel
IMG_0781.jpg

Port unmatched standard cast
IMG_0782.jpg

Intake spacers showing manifold overlap
IMG_0783.jpg

First port and intake spacer matched Still to sand paper wheel
IMG_0784.jpg

Second port rough matched
IMG_0785.jpg

Second port matched and runners done still to sand paper wheel
IMG_0790.jpg

Lower manifold section that bolts to heads burred and rough finished
IMG_0786.jpg

Lower manifold section that botls to heads burred
IMG_0787.jpg

Standard cast lower section
IMG_0788.jpg

Amount of casting taken out in the port matching process
IMG_0791.jpg

Last edited:

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
This is strickly a swap deal, ill send you the new ones and you send you old un ported ones back only for ve alloytec 190.

Hi,

I'm assuming the reason why you're only doing the 190 engine is because you don't have access to the 180 manifolds to do a clean swap, am I right to assume so?

Will you eventually be able to offer this to be done to the 180 engine? Possibly if the manifolds are just sent to you instead of a swap.

Cheers,
Abe

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Hi,

I'm assuming the reason why you're only doing the 190 engine is because you don't have access to the 180 manifolds to do a clean swap, am I right to assume so?

Will you eventually be able to offer this to be done to the 180 engine? Possibly if the manifolds are just sent to you instead of a swap.

Cheers,
Abe

Yes that is correct, this is my manifold im doing now i have done another one on my test vehicle, which was a similar modded vz 190 with exhaust CAI intake spacers,
I do not have pictures of this manifold as its in my mates ute,

This is one im in the process of doing and should be completed soon, if i can find a wreaked 180 manifold and do it i will be able to do the swaps on the 180 engines but for now its only swap on ve 190's, or if you can do with out your manifold for 2 days plus postage time i can do yours for you.

Just finished one side of the lower manifold all there is left to do is sand paper wheel them to tidy them up, they wont be a mirror finish as this can cause power loss they will have a rough finish to promote air circulation.

I had readings of 181mL/175mL/181mL for the three runners bit more work to do on the middle one to get it the same than over to the other three.

Last edited:

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thanks, I'll eventually take you up on your offer. I'll just have to get my car through a warranty check up this week and depending on how it goes I might be in contact with you in the next two weeks to get it done. Plus I'll need to organise transport for myself as well.

I'll if I can do a before and after dyno as well.

Cheers,
Abe

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Thanks, I'll eventually take you up on your offer. I'll just have to get my car through a warranty check up this week and depending on how it goes I might be in contact with you in the next two weeks to get it done. Plus I'll need to organise transport for myself as well.

I'll if I can do a before and after dyno as well.

Cheers,
Abe

Sounds good Abe, and thanks for trying to do the dyno mate, I hope there might be some reasonable gains and get some more people on board, do you have the intake spacers? if not let me know and if your keen to do the manifold ill order a set.