Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE alloytec manifold

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Sounds good Abe, and thanks for trying to do the dyno mate, I hope there might be some reasonable gains and get some more people on board, do you have the intake spacers? if not let me know and if your keen to do the manifold ill order a set.

Yeah, I'll see if I can arrange the dyno run while I'm getting my warranty check at GenTech. I do have the spacers, so you won't have to worry about ordering them. Thanks though.

I'll post the results in here when I get them.

Cheers,
Abe

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
im interested to see what happens with the VE alloytec manifolds you are doing, with dyno results etc.

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Here are the results of the pre-port matching:

DynoRun_Dec2009.jpg

Keep in mind that this is done with the Mace manifold insulators, the car has the SS exhaust system, running on Premium 98 and my car hasn't been tuned.

Since we're in the holiday season, the port matching will need to wait till January so I won't have results to compare till then.

I'd also like to mention that I didn't get the dyno done before I got the Mace insulators for comparison, so I won't know how much of an increase I got there.

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
This an auto im guessing? If the dyno was done in 3rd

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
This an auto im guessing? If the dyno was done in 3rd

Yeah, I actually forgot to mention that it's a 4 speed auto. I've tracked down results from another 4 speed auto V6 Omega and at stock it makes 131.8kwrw. So the exhaust and the mace insulators does make a difference but I won't know for sure which one, or if both or by how much mine got extra. Oh well, at least I'll be able to tell if port matching would make a difference. :D

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Price is 400 plus postage and $140 extra if you dont have the spacers ill send you a set included,

These are not ported intakes just port matched and cleaned up runners, also the hump inside the lower manifold where the injector protrudes into the manifold has been reduced.

pm impulsesv6 too, he has done it to his car,

im sure if ppl in qld wanted it done he could do it for yous

HULK#4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve allotec
ve alloytec

I have been playing with the ly7.
I drive a ve speedway car with the v6 in it.iam looking for ways for more horse power.at this point.we put some bigger cams in it a it went back woods.
Ive now cone back to neer stand and made more horse power.
Because we have run out of intake & injectors.
I will be keen to test what ever you are willing to make.
Ive looked at the cpr intake.they say bolt on a 60h/p.
With the heads shaved with know prcombustion camber.will give you about 11.7.1 comp with ly7 cams intack at standed marks.advanced the ext cam one tooth..port and polish heads and in takes..set of extractors nice pipe
3'' all the way.but need a ajustable ecu.i use a vipeek v88..
It makes over 230 rwhp.
So willing to help out with it..

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
I can still do the porting but i have decided to go back to my idea about a new manifold i really wanna push the throttlebody back further and than ahve the maf further back this way i can run v8 otr intake systems instead of laying the radiator back. its going to be set up like a v8 one but will be in two halfs the bottom half will bolt onto the old lowermanifold section than the top half will bolt to that half.

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
are you planning on building one from scratch or modifying the existing one?

Not even sure now CPR6 $1400 delivered summernats special :beer chug:

And i had a close look at the cpr6 where as the stock manifold splits into two and goes around the cpr6 just opens up into the manifold after the throttlebody.

So anything like a v8 intake would be of the same gains but just not a factory looing peice under the engine covers