Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE amp install and line output converter

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
hey guys,

just got my first holden a week ago and loving it. i got the 2010 sv6 and now looking to make my first mod. ive been driving for a week now without a subwoofer and its doing my head in. i know abit about car audio but just need some advice in regards to somethings in the ve.

a) whats the best access point for the remote wire? ive read around (including here) that you can use the power socket in the centre console but ive also heard that if you do use that, it can affect the power signal strength which could set off the airbags. is this true?

b) as im keeping the stock headunit, i brought a line output converter (re-q5) to convert the line into rca. i kno that model is a 5 channel, but im only going to use it for the sub. correct me if i'm wrong, but do i splice the rear speaker wires and run it into the LOC?

i always read posts on this forum and you all seem like pretty cool guys so all help is appreciated.

cheers!

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
a) Ive used a spare wire in the drivers side of the centre console in the past without problems (remove side plate and find the plug). Have a read through this thread, Luke0011 as suggests getting power from the factory handsfree kit plug behind the glovebox:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/car-audio/121513-connecting-amp-ve-original-radio.html

b) Yes, just tap into the rear speaker wires for the LOC if you just going to power a sub from the amp.

jordo_89

ford! y do they even try?
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 sidi
Hey man,
Just wondering if u like the RE-Q5?,
do u get any engine noise through the speakers with the loc?
and did u get the sub controller with it?
and finally where nd how much did it cost if u don't mind me asking?

cheers jordo

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
hey mate, sorry about the late reply. havent been on this forum in ages. re-q5 is great. no engine noise at all, got the sub controller too. picked it up from jbhi for $165