Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Amp install, Pictures if possible

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Just need to know the basics and what I need in order to wire up RCA cables to the factory head unit of an 07 SV6

Searched the forums and good and didn't find what I was after

Cheers JC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Get a LOC either 2 channel or 4 channel depends what you want then hook it up to the factory high output wires out of the head unit then you'll have RCA just hook your RCA lines up to it and your amp or if your amp has the option to use high output just connect the correct wires to the head units then add power to amp from + battery and ground it and add your sub or speaker wires to amp and you should be fine just tap into the cig lighter brown wire to get your remote power to so amp turns on and off any other info needed just ask installed a amp and splits at the start of the week into my ve sv6 ute so the installs still fresh in my head :)

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Good LOC from auto barn cost $80 for a 2 channel whick gets you to RCA ports or a pair and 4 channels are $120 which gets you 2 pairs, you just hook up the wires that come out of the LOC the wires from the head unit the manual that comes with it tells you which wire is which and I'm fairly sure the wire colors out of the head you are Dark Green - Light Green + = Front Right Speaker, Grey - Brown + = Front Left Speaker, Light Blue - Dark Blue + = Rear Right Speaker, Yellow/Red - Brown + = Rear Right Speaker and then you'll have RCA

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
You my friend are a champion! Thank you so much for all that information ! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
All good mate spent hours trying to find all the needed info when I did it and it was a bitch so happy to help out :)