Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Amp remote wiring, behind glovebox?

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SS - Black Edition
Hey guys.
I've been searching on this forum a fair bit and a few people have said to use the brown plug behind the glove box for the remote wire to an amp as it is an unused accessory plug or something?
I'm just wondering before I use this plug if it still provides power when the ignition is completely off (before the door is opened) ? . The way mine is wired at the moment, my amp turns off as soon as the ignition is turned off and before I open my door the head unit stays on but obviously I can't hear any sound due to the amp being off, my amp doesn't have a high level input otherwise I would have used that first.
Thanks.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
this may help: wrote this on another ve sound system thread

Personally i use Parrot AudioControl LC2i Two Channel Line Output Converter ($149) AudioControl LC2i Two Channel Line Output Converter - LC2i

i have put it in all my mates cars ( with stock headunits that are not changeable, inc VE's ) when they do sound systems, sounds awesome!
Cheap LOC's dont even some close to how this sounds. No road noise what so ever
Gives you a bass RCA's for subwoofer amp and a speaker RCA's for if your going to amp those aswell
This unit has a auto turn on "signal-sensing turn on" when you turn on and play music it picks up the line and turns on and has remote out that runs to your amps to turn them on at the same time as well also can run a remote wire to with is you rather it turn on by something else if you wish
has a couple of tuning features on the unit its self if you want to play around with it
AudioControl have a range of sound processors so you can knock 2 birds with one stone as far as RCA's and Remote. Sound master has 3 of the current range on the site aswell check it out
Good luck!

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate, I'd buy one of those but I've already got two LOC's installed and i'd rather not change anything as it's perfect except for this amp powering on issue.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
I pick it up from the 3 pin plug on drivers side of center console just below the stereo.

There is a large square white plug on the left side behind glove box that doesn't go to anything has about 20 wires in it , the brown is acc and orange next to it is constant 12v

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok guys, just took my glove box off to test the wire and it only receives 12V with the ignition, any one know of any other wires I could use that stay on when the ignition is off but go off when the drivers door is opened?

this may help: wrote this on another ve sound system thread

Personally i use Parrot AudioControl LC2i Two Channel Line Output Converter ($149) AudioControl LC2i Two Channel Line Output Converter - LC2i

i have put it in all my mates cars ( with stock headunits that are not changeable, inc VE's ) when they do sound systems, sounds awesome!
Cheap LOC's dont even some close to how this sounds. No road noise what so ever
Gives you a bass RCA's for subwoofer amp and a speaker RCA's for if your going to amp those aswell
This unit has a auto turn on "signal-sensing turn on" when you turn on and play music it picks up the line and turns on and has remote out that runs to your amps to turn them on at the same time as well also can run a remote wire to with is you rather it turn on by something else if you wish
has a couple of tuning features on the unit its self if you want to play around with it
AudioControl have a range of sound processors so you can knock 2 birds with one stone as far as RCA's and Remote. Sound master has 3 of the current range on the site aswell check it out
Good luck!

Thanks for that mate but I've already got LOC's installed and don't really want to switch them out for another one as the sound so far is perfect, just the amp issue is all that's bugging me.

Simkor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Caprice 6.0Lt
gday all just wondering if wat you are talking about you can put an amp into my VE caprice it has the Bose DVD 10 speaker surround sound system in it the guy down at local hi fi shop said it cant be done unless i change head unit and what ever else at a cost of over $6000!!!!
can anyone help please

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I had a little play and found out the LOC i'm using will do an auto remote output, not too sure on how though as there is very little online about this particular Focal LOC.
It has a +12v, Ground and remote connections. I tried connecting the +12V straight to my battery, the ground to negative obviously and the remote running to the amp, the amp came on straight away like it was connected straight to the battery. I'm assuming it passes the +12V straight through to the remote output which is why it stays on when hooked up this way.
But it says on the site: "Automatically generates a remote control of the amplifier power-on from the signal detection."
Anyone had any experience with the Focal HiLo LOC before?

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
I've used the brown wire at the back of the glovebox also. There isn't a wire that will work when the key is off as far as I am aware. I just put up with the fact that once I turn the key off I loose sound. Wanna keep the sound on....keep the key on :)

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't mind living with it. It's just the fact that I have 2 amps, 1 for a sub and the other for the 4 speakers. The 4 channel one uses an LOC and the sub one already has high level input so those have been used. They are auto sensing though so whenever I turn the ignition off and before I open my door, the sub keeps going but the other amp shuts off. Sounds a bit weird

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
That could be annoying. I'd probably set the sub amp up to shut off with the key also. Maybe get a loc for it!!!