Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Amp wiring trouble

zamaddness

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega 60th aniversary
Hay I'm in direr need of advise, I have wired my amp and sub up correctly, but the control wire (accessory wire) I borrowed from the brown/yellow wire (handsfree set??) in the driver side central panel, this wire should be live when the ignition is switched on.. however it the wire is dead as a doorknob, I checked fuses in boot yet nothing is there a fuse for this wire

Dixieputtz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
same situation here too. Amp manual says I gotta wire the remote cable into an ignition wire. Not too keen on that....I can still use the stereo without turning the ignition but the amp will not turn on until I turn on the ignition......gunna try 'n search for another cable to use as a remote wire.......there are several wires in the connector where the speaker cables are so I might try to tap into one of those.Hmmmmm.What amp do you have ? Mine is an alpine - pdx v9. Thanx.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
if you want the amp on when ignition on/ not with all lights on dash illuminated (next turn is to start) use the smokers pack connection it has power from ign, ground/earth/and illumination, its just to the left of the stereo connection and mounts to the frame, just below where no2 is shown
behind where the panel is shown removed by your left leg, you will find a white pug, it has acc power, light power, and earth the plug slides out of its holder/keeper so you can check what is what, one of the easiest to get to

Attachments

• Entertainment .pdf
    47.9 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

Dixieputtz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanx for this MYVESSV8 - getting pretty desperate here - been on it for a few days now and getting nowhere fast.....will try this tomorrow sometime.....thanx.

Dixieputtz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
just got back from shopping.......about to start on it ......will get back......

Dixieputtz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
No......no go. This is the brown/yellow cable from the youtube video but it does nothing for me.Works for other people but not for me ??????? Tried using the grey wires but no go.

I wonder how zammaddness is getting along with this....I'm on the verge of getting an installer to sort it for me.Maybe there's something wrong with the amp - is there any easy enough way of testing it ?
Did I say that I'm using a LOC though I'm thinking this shouldn't matter.