Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Approach Lighting

reece_c123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So the approach lighting feature is quite a nice inclusion, to show off the lights at night when you unlock the car makes it look much better

but how do you get the fog lights to turn on aswell? i have the switch on but they wont turn on with the approach lighting, any ideas?

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
It's probably just designed for the headlights lights to come on and nothing else. Not sure if that could be changed.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
And drain your battery twice as quick

Chaps90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Read this thinking someone else had a idiot install reverse sensors without a relay...

So when approach lighting comes on, if you walk near the sensors the beeping would go off....

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Yeah, it would not be easy to do electrically, as you would need to determine if the ignition was off, when the headlamps were on.
(Basically ignore the Fog lamps switch), as you would not want to leave the fog lamps on 24/7 just so the car would look good at night time when you unlock your car.

If you like the lights on approach / egress feature, how about fitting mirrors from a calais/statesman/caprice with the puddle lamps ?
Or even fitting the door lamps if they are not already fitted.

The puddle lamps make the car look that much more classy at night time, and do not chew anywhere near as much power as the fog lamps would.

Just my 2c

pdbee

Reaction score
It is not possible for the fog lights come on WITHOUT the ignition
They can be used as a daytime running lights with the lights switched to parkers and the switch pulled out
They can be use the normal fogs with the switch set to auto with the switch pulled out, In both cases, you need to have the ignition ON

Re puddle lights, they are 42mm 10watt festoon bulbs, same as the under door courtesy lights, boot light, glove box light and footwell lights
I have fitted H11 35 watt HID (true plug and play bulbs) to my WM fog lights and they look amazing eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
I have also fitted T10 LED's to my parkers, they are 9 X 5050 SMD and they ARE pure white, not bluish white eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
All of the other 42mm festoons have been replaced with 6 X 5050 SMD flat festoons eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d Maybe not quite as bright as the standard 10 Watt festoons BUT they are pure white

Last edited:

Ryzie.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Read this thinking someone else had a idiot install reverse sensors without a relay...

So when approach lighting comes on, if you walk near the sensors the beeping would go off....
That's like mine. It came from the factory like that - and apparantly they can't do anything about it :bomb:

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
I think that's cause the reverse sensors are wired through the reverse lights and the come on with the approach lights

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
I did notice that with my VY, approach lighting always used to turn the fog lights on (if they were left on), and even high beams if they were left on. When I got my VE, I found that this no longer happens. It's the same with the delay lighting - the VY's lights and fog lights used to stay on when I was walking away from the car, the VE's fog lights turn off as soon as you switch the key off. All thats left for approach/delay lighting is your standard headlights, regardless if the fog lights are set on. These will only turn on once the key is turned to ignition.

Ben