Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Audio problem driving me crazy

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hey Guys,

Currently i have a audio problem in my ve that is driving me crazy. I can hear the high pitched alternator whine sound everytime i accelerate up to lets say 60km/h, anything above that i dont hear it as the road noise takes over and if i dont have any music on.

Im currently running A Alpine pdxv9 5 channel amp with type r splits in the front and rear type r speakers as well. I thought to try a few things by;

- Disconnected the line out converter to see if it was the problem, noise still there.
- Disconnected the rca's from the amp and from the loc and noise still there.
- Disconnected the power and ground from the amp, noise still there.

Somehow theres the alternator whine in my system somehow which im clueless where its coming from. The car has about 243xxx km on it and i dont experience any problems with the alternator or the charging system.

What could be inducing this sound to come from the speakers when everything is disconnected such as the amp and loc ? is my battery on its way or is the alternator on its way ?

Any thoughts ?

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
A couple of items I would check would be the the speaker wires being anywhere near a power source wire and the location of the crossovers (I’ve read the best spot for these is in the doors)

What happens if you disconnect speaker wires from the amp?