Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE audio

san12

Reaction score
im just wanting to know if the deck in the ve can be taken out or not?the reason i ask is i have a vt with a new in dash dvd player and am thinking of getting a ve but love having a dvd player in the front dash and would like to know if this is possible should i by one?thank you

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Get the DVD player installed in the VE and sweet talk your Holden dealer into using the Tech 2 to disable the safety feature of turning off front screen video while driving :D

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
At this stage I don't think you can replace the factory H/U with anything else as all the A/C controls are built into it.

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
Has anyone actually had luck in getting the dealer to disable the speed safety feature from the front screen? I know a lot of VE owners (Calais, SSV)who are asking if this has been done or is it just a rumor?
I for one am desperate to get this done but can't find anyone who is even able to confirm that they can do it! ANY help in this area would be appreciated.:bow:

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
As I understand it, it is illegal for this display to allow the DVD to play with the car in motion. The display can only be used to assist the driver ie GPS, car operations etc.

Entertainment DVDs (with the car in motion) can only be seen from the back seat, ie where it won't distract the driver.

Deltak

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
I want it for the rear camera in the case of parking, trailer or caravan, so you can check on the load. That would also assist the driver..

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Sure you do! You can check a anything a family sedan will tow with mirrors. And you have rear parking sensors so you don't need it for parking.

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
I actually don't have rear parking sensors.
Yes I have a rear camera but my screen switches off at 3 km/h and I find it's set too low to be useful for that purpose.
Sure I can connect other stuff to it, DVD, TV Tuner, games...in fact any AV input. Great viewing while I'm waiting for the lights to turn green.:p

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Does anyone know in the VE Calais (Not the V), where the speakers are all located and if there should be a sub woofer as standard or not.. Reason for asking is that when I bought my VE I am almost certain the stereo sounded a lot better than it does now and I wonder if one of the wiring harnesses have come loose when they replaced my HVAC unit in the dash last year.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Does anyone know in the VE Calais (Not the V), where the speakers are all located and if there should be a sub woofer as standard or not.. Reason for asking is that when I bought my VE I am almost certain the stereo sounded a lot better than it does now and I wonder if one of the wiring harnesses have come loose when they replaced my HVAC unit in the dash last year.

the base calais dont have subs, ive been looking at work, maybe a sound filter is turned on limiting the bass, try turning off the speed dependant and anti distortion