Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Auto Transmission

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
From what i've read on the forums, the VE commodore will have the current SV6 5 speed auto and a GM 6 speed auto for the V8's and sport models.
The GM 6 speed auto was specifically designed for the Gen IV engines, but i have also read on this forum that the HSV's will use the ZF 6 speed auto? Why not use the GM 6 speed auto? I presume a version of the GM 6 speed auto would also be used in the states for high end applications and sport models involving the Gen IV engine (such as the corvette perhaps?)

Does anyone know what automatic transmission the Corvettes use? Or have any idea what transmission HSV would use?

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
1991_Vn2nV said:
From what i've read on the forums, the VE commodore will have the current SV6 5 speed auto and a GM 6 speed auto for the V8's and sport models.
The GM 6 speed auto was specifically designed for the Gen IV engines, but i have also read on this forum that the HSV's will use the ZF 6 speed auto? Why not use the GM 6 speed auto? I presume a version of the GM 6 speed auto would also be used in the states for high end applications and sport models involving the Gen IV engine (such as the corvette perhaps?)

Does anyone know what automatic transmission the Corvettes use? Or have any idea what transmission HSV would use?

Rumour has it the GM 6 speed will be used in the lower spec V8's like the SS while the ZF 6 speed will be used in HSV's etc.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
And i also thought that the GM 6 speed might be low in numbers at first, And that is why the rumour of holden using the ZF came about.