Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve aux noise while charging

xadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series II SV6
Alot of people make the mistake of when grounding to the chassis that they can just sort of scratch the paint until you see a little bit of metal. I was always under the impression that the would create noise if it wasn't touching it 100% with full contact. So thats probably why when you grounded it somewhere thats just metal and completely different it fixed it because it had a clean path.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
xadz... sort of right but your not wrong.

Not having a solid earth connection wont be a DEFINETE cause but it certainly doesn't help the case.

SimonH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, 6.0 V8
OK, so after reporting that it was all good, I have now changed my mind. I can still hear noise while driving. Its definitely better with the noise filter but still there.

So now looking at running the stereo ground to where my dc-dc is grounded, but the stereo has 2 ground wires, do I just cut the both and run them to a new ground location? What is the purpose of having 2?

Last edited:

SimonH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, 6.0 V8
I tried running the stereo ground(s) to where my dc-dc converter is grounded and it made no difference .. Still got the charging noise and alternator whine..

I'm out of ideas.. Its an old iPod (the first colour screen model) so the battery doesn't last too long anymore but I guess I will just have to put up with it. I unplug it when I can and live with the noise when it is charging.

I looked at the parrot asteroid mini and similar but for now I will just put up with the noise I think unless anyone has any other suggestions.

The reason I can't use CD is because they constantly skip and then it spits the CD out saying it can't read it.. (Tried many discs and sometimes it will work fine others not at all.. Pretty frustrating)