Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Battery Ventilation Tube

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Evening All,

As above, seeking clarification if the battery ventilation tube is required?

Some say es, others say no....with most saying it depends on the type of battery installed

I had an AC Delco S57220 installed by a Holden dealership about 18 months ago and I noted today that it’s missing the vent tube.... I would have thought that it would have been retro fitted to the new battery

I can’t say for sure that the tube was there prior to having the new battery installed but I assume it was, as it was the original battery that was replaced.

If it was required, I’d imagine the dealership would have said something if it was missing?

Thoughts everyone?

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Not sure if it’s different between models, but my SV6 doesn’t have one because they have a gel cell battery so there’s no vapour coming off like a lead cell.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I replaced mine 3 or 4 weeks ago, and I replaced it with the exact same type, and it did have vent tube in it,
And they Said it’s required,
Just check to see if the housing at the back of the battery (facing your left taillight) at the top has a small hole in the end of it,
That is where the plastic elbow going in for the breather tube.