Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Bee Sting Type Arials...?

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
here's a question about the reception. Does the GPS run off the aerial?

if so i wana make sure theres no lose in reception at all, especially when off the beaten track!

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Does this still allow blutooth from your phone to work through the car speakers etc..? It will still pickup phone reception right?

I didn't think the aerial had anything to do with bluetooth? :confused:

...Anyway, my bluetooth still works fine with my short aerial.

Bluetooth is only the interface that connects your cellphone to the car stereo, the cell phone still uses its own aerial to get signal so therefore the cars aerial will not change anything.

here's a question about the reception. Does the GPS run off the aerial?

if so i wana make sure theres no lose in reception at all, especially when off the beaten track!

GPS is a different interface and does not use the cars aerial (gps aerials are normally square and near the windscren)

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
yes but the IQ system on the ve ii runs the radio and gps in the same unit, and that rear aerial is the only one on the car, so would it run through that, or still nah?

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
yes but the IQ system on the ve ii runs the radio and gps in the same unit, and that rear aerial is the only one on the car, so would it run through that, or still nah?

Yes I know the whole IQ system jazz, it does not run GPS through the aerial it is a seperate aerial, just because you cannot see the gps aerial doesn't mean its not there.