Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Berlina engine wont turn off and keeps restarting without key in ignition

Jazza9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
VE Berlina keeps restarting even when key is off and out off ignition. When car finally turns off, (sometimes restarts itself 10 or so times). When car is off, drains battery to dead flat by morning. I have had checked but auto electrician and computer diagnosis, suggested body control module was the problem, replaced and problem still the same. Car stays on even when disconnecting battery. Obviously doesn’t restart once it goes off.
Anyone had this problem before? Any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Faulty ignition switch? ( Just a wild guess )

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
VE Berlina keeps restarting even when key is off and out off ignition. When car finally turns off, (sometimes restarts itself 10 or so times). When car is off, drains battery to dead flat by morning. I have had checked but auto electrician and computer diagnosis, suggested body control module was the problem, replaced and problem still the same. Car stays on even when disconnecting battery. Obviously doesn’t restart once it goes off.
Thanks

Are you sure the battery is disconnected?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If one morning you find green fluid sprayed all over the place, better call a priest and get an exorcism :eek:o_O

Audio Questions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv series 2 2016 non Bose
Thanks

I’ve seen a contractor mining vehicle do the same thing, could take the key out of the ignition an it would keep running, also would start as soon as you connected the battery ended up being the lights on module, (key on lights come on automatically) giving a back feed too the ignition from a fried one way diode in the module itself, BCM’s A decent call but start with the basics, I’d be checking relays an starter motor wiring first then anything aftermarket wired in to ignition feed, then key barrel not much else that could do that.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
100%, both terminals disconnected from battery located in boot

Didn't know there was a VE diesel engine option...