Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE BERLINA VIN Decode

chistis

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Series 2 Commodore
Hi Guys,

New here, just wondering If anyone could help me to decode this VIN number - looking at buying this car.

6GXXXXXXXXXXX752

Its meant to be a 2010 Berlina Series II - but VIC roads, PPSR and various other sites say its either a 2009, a MY9.5, a MY10 and also the Series II it's meant to be.

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but is there any other way of telling for sure if it's the series 2??

Thanks,

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
does it have series 2 badges ? what is the build date on the compliance plate in the engine bay ...
Yeah somewhere on here it tells you how to decoode that, maybe just google in though, could be easy to find.
What engine and gearbox has it got in it ? that will also provide some clues.

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
unless u put a offer to buy on it today its already been sold

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Hey mate, suggest you think of possible consequences of publicly displaying the VIN off your vehicle. The VIN is a unique identifier used to identify YOR vehicle - but you know that anyway. It can also now be used by anyone seeking additional info regarding your vehicle from Dealers, Motor Reg authorities etc. Identity theft is big busines throughout the world. There are people who spend most of their day searching for and successfully capturing such information about individuals. It's not hard to do and the returns can be very financially rewarding - to them - at your expense. Same reason you don't place your email address into a forum thread, or your home address, date and place of birth, parents names, where you work, your credit card details, drivers licence number etc etc etc. One of the reasons so many people are getting fleeced and embarrassed is the increased use of 'social media' and them telling the world some of their most personal information.

chistis

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Series 2 Commodore
Hi guys thanks for the advice, bit worrying about the identity theft stuff!
but yeah, in case anyone was interested :blah blah: called Holden and its not a series 2, dealer had no clue and advertised incorrectly!