Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE - Big Whoopy Do Da

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
I have never seen a executive without aircon before (not within the last 10 years models) so if someone says no i dont want to pay do holden kind of just give them aircon free in the barganing process or do they reduce its price alot cause i know alot of tightarses who would not want to pay an extra $1500 - $2000 for something which is pretty much standard on most cars.

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
mongoose3800 said:
Please note - I mean no offence to anyone. I just had a shocker of a cards night - down $80. Anyway, my Canberran Mortgage costs me less that $800 a month. My VN is actually in very good nick - Very original. In fact I am rather embarrassed by the majority of VN's I see on the roads. For a stock standard model mine is damn fine indeed with no oil leaks or saggy roof. If you guy's want to buy a new VE then good luck to you - Seriously. But, don’t' be offended by people like me who don't see the sense or value in it. Once, you have a little more responsibility and several mouths to feed you too may see things like I do. Until then all you'll see is a car and the road. I was once like that too. But I grew up!.

I didn't mean to have a go at ya, got a bit carried away. But ike you said, you've got a few mouths to feed. The VE promises to be the safest Australian car ever built. How much is your family's safety worth? There's a lot more to buying a VE than having the latest gizmos to play with. It's obviously not your cup of tea, but maybe that's because you're only looking at it from the one angle. It's not just an updated Commo with more powerful engines and bigger rims.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
andrewmac said:
I have never seen a executive without aircon before (not within the last 10 years models) so if someone says no i dont want to pay do holden kind of just give them aircon free in the barganing process or do they reduce its price alot cause i know alot of tightarses who would not want to pay an extra $1500 - $2000 for something which is pretty much standard on most cars.

The funny thing is that it's an option but you cant buy a Commodore without A/C, they add it to the purchase price. Like jules said it's just marketing by Holden. Like when the Z series was being advertised the $5000 worth of options would include the $2000 A/C. I'd love to see someone try and get a VE Commodore without A/C.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
vztrt said:
The funny thing is that it's an option but you cant buy a Commodore without A/C, they add it to the purchase price. Like jules said it's just marketing by Holden. Like when the Z series was being advertised the $5000 worth of options would include the $2000 A/C. I'd love to see someone try and get a VE Commodore without A/C.

Actually, they now come standard WITHOUT it, it is a $2200 add on. The inital launch of the omega sales will have the omega V which will have alloys and Aircons tandard. After that you will have to pay the extra...can only say what a holden dealer has been told :)

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
how hard would it be to find a drive belt in 10 years time if you had one without a/c, who would stock em? mabey holden should give a super charger option where the a/c compressor usually is. povo pack gets renamed to budget conscious street sleeper pack lol

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
minux said:
Actually, they now come standard WITHOUT it, it is a $2200 add on. The inital launch of the omega sales will have the omega V which will have alloys and Aircons tandard. After that you will have to pay the extra...can only say what a holden dealer has been told :)

Errrr. Yes. We know that. The point being made is that is is a $2200 option but reality is EVERY Commodore is manufactured WITH aircon. You can't get it WITHOUT the option. Therefore the base price is a tad misleading and like has been said, it would be fun to see someone try to order one without aircon. That said, dealers make **** loads on every sale so anyone who pays "sticker" price for ANY car is a fool!

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
utility said:
mabey holden should give a super charger option where the a/c compressor usually is. povo pack gets renamed to budget conscious street sleeper pack lol

LMAO!!! You obviously don't know anything much about anything. What a stupid comment to make. Superchargers are just a TAD more complex than aircon compressors. The engine would have to totally be re-tuned and the ECU re-programmed.... And that's just the start....

Still, I love a good foot in mouth comment every now and then. Keeps me smiling :D

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
LMAO!!! You obviously don't know anything much about anything. What a stupid comment to make. Superchargers are just a TAD more complex than aircon compressors. The engine would have to totally be re-tuned and the ECU re-programmed.... And that's just the start....

Still, I love a good foot in mouth comment every now and then. Keeps me smiling :D

I think you'll find he was only joking...

blackahcdx

Reaction score
minux said:

Ahhh NO

The initial Launch packs that dealers will start recieving this week will not contain any Commodore V special edition cars. The Special edition Commodore V won't be available until September. And even then dealers will still have stocks of Omega's.

Name of the limited edition launch car is Commodore V, not Omega V.
Includes Air Con, 17" Alloys, Colour Coded mirrors and door handels and a rear spoiler for $34990 + on roads. Available to private buyers only (ie no fleet discounts)

Available in Heron White, Redhot, Phantom Mica, Nickel and Impulse

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Evman said:
mongoose3800, you make some good points, but some pretty average ones too. There's just as much risk in buying a house as there is in a new car.

Oh come on. Get this straight - to buy any car new or near new is a bad investment. It is garanteed to cost you a small fortune to own the car and unless it is a very rare model, it will be highly unlikely you will ever make money out of it. For the vast majority, there are only 2 reasons you will buy a car - 1/ for transport and 2/ enthusiast/hobby. To say either of these are as safe as buying a house is just rubbish!

By contrast owning a house has very little risk attached to it for 95% of owners/buyers. In the short term house prices can fall however over a medium - long term they nearly always prove to be an excellent investment and a great way of forced savings for those who struggle with money management. The most important thing is to make sure you have a large enough deposit and make sure you have a good safety margin to afford repayments if interest rates go up (having said that it's easy to lock the rates in for up to 15 years these days if you are worried)

Reaper