Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Bodykits

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Anybody got some info on aftermarket bodykits?
I am thinking of putting a kit on the Calais however..........
GMH has made it difficult in that a genuine rear bodykit for say an SS or Sv6 does not allow you to retain the Calais tail lights which I like as a point of difference over the normal tail lights.
I looked at HSV (Wow! the difference in price to GMH).........but as far as I can ascertain the same thin applies, if you want to kit up its not just the bodywork.......you are up for new lights as well.

Cheers Rogues

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Yeah I priced the HSV rear end setup for my Calais. About $4000 all up! JOKE!

hsv1987

Dose It
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spoold, slappd, calais 5ltr
gee thats heaps compared to bodykits in past models

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
They always rip you off anyway.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Give it six months and there will be non genuine HSV kits on the market that cost alot less than the genuine HSV parts.

CroXtreme

Cro18
Reaction score
Members Ride
black commodore SV6 VE
what about now? ahh i wanna make my ve look like a GTS :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Anybody got some info on aftermarket bodykits?
I am thinking of putting a kit on the Calais however..........
GMH has made it difficult in that a genuine rear bodykit for say an SS or Sv6 does not allow you to retain the Calais tail lights which I like as a point of difference over the normal tail lights.
I looked at HSV (Wow! the difference in price to GMH).........but as far as I can ascertain the same thin applies, if you want to kit up its not just the bodywork.......you are up for new lights as well.

Cheers Rogues

Whack SS-V or std lights in the rear along with the SS bar and it will all fit fine.

Reaper

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Uh...its been almost a year ago.....

Thread diggin' FTL

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Uh...its been almost a year ago.....

Exactly why he brought it up again. Dufus suggested wait 6 months and their will be non genuine kits available. Rather than starting a new thread CroXtreme just posted in this thread pretty much saying well its been a year what about now? Are those kits out yet?

I think that kind of thing is much more relevant to dig this particular thread up and ask for an update, particularly when there are posts in the thread suggesting to wait 6 months.

I don't get people who get agitated when people bring old posts up with new questions. If he had of started a new thread he would have been told to do a search! You can't win. I think digging up old threads is better for the moderators/site in general as the more threads you have the harder it is to store/manage them.

As far as the topic goes though, I don't have a clue about whats out there. I was into body kits a year or two ago myself but have grown out of them now. Especially HSV kits on non HSV cars. Even more so on V6's. But that's just my opinion. If your into it then go for it.

Last edited: