Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE boot light problems

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hey all , having trouble with my boot light . Only works at random . Checked the globe and all is good just wondering if the light is activated by the boot lock and is it a common fault ? Thanks in advance .

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
it shows/says a switch on the drawing I have, its in with the lock mechanism, no haven't heard of issues, probably got dirt in it or crappy contacts

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
it shows/says a switch on the drawing I have, its in with the lock mechanism, no haven't heard of issues, probably got dirt in it or crappy contacts

Thanks mate bought myself a manual so I will be able to trace the wires and see if I can find the fault

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Hi everyone, haven't posted for a while, and some help would be much appreciated. I still have the VF SV6 Storm Sedan Series 1 - June 2015 build.

My boot light is intermittently lighting when the boot lid lifts up.

Is there a "tilt" or some type of switch in the boot lid somewhere? or is there some electronic trickery hidden in the boot release mechanism wiring and/or the body computer?

What fuse, and where, isolates the 12V power to the boot lamp holder and/or the boot release mechanism?

Finally to get the lamp holder out, is it a small fine blade screwdriver to lever it out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(I accidently flashed my VZs boot light wiring to earth when measuring voltages etc. prior to adding a couple of small LED lights to brighten the boot storage. I didn't blow the fuse. It upset the engine computer and weird things happened. I had to isolate the battery to get things settled down. This time, I would prefer not to go splashing the direct 12v or switched computer feed, ECU BCM or whatever, to the lamp housing in the VF.)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hi everyone, haven't posted for a while, and some help would be much appreciated. I still have the VF SV6 Storm Sedan Series 1 - June 2015 build.

My boot light is intermittently lighting when the boot lid lifts up.

Is there a "tilt" or some type of switch in the boot lid somewhere? or is there some electronic trickery hidden in the boot release mechanism wiring and/or the body computer?

What fuse, and where, isolates the 12V power to the boot lamp holder and/or the boot release mechanism?

Finally to get the lamp holder out, is it a small fine blade screwdriver to lever it out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(I accidently flashed my VZs boot light wiring to earth when measuring voltages etc. prior to adding a couple of small LED lights to brighten the boot storage. I didn't blow the fuse. It upset the engine computer and weird things happened. I had to isolate the battery to get things settled down. This time, I would prefer not to go splashing the direct 12v or switched computer feed, ECU BCM or whatever, to the lamp housing in the VF.)
I managed to fix mine by spraying some contact cleaner into the boot lock ( the part that is bolted to the body not the bootlid) this is where the switch is that turns on the light. That was over 3 years ago and has been good ever since .