Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE boot

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
The space-saver is designed just to be driven to the nearest tyre retailer to have the damaged tyre repaired or replaced. Perfect for fleet/lease etc where you would just go and chuck a new tyre onto your fleet card, without needing to pull actual cash out of your pocket.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
ah yes thats a good point...but why then did they originate on BMW's and stuff that normally wouldnt be a fleet vehicle...then again i have no real knowledge on how they came to be in US or UK or where ever they came from...

blackahcdx

Reaction score
boot size is up, but the opening is smaller

in regards to the spare, our dealership put through our first order of cars on thursday, for september production, and we ordered ALL cars with a full size spare :D

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Full size tyre doesn't affect boot space.

I'm still going to option the full size though and leave it in the garage for when I go out of town.QUOTE]

I'm guessing that if you option up the full size - you get one or the other not both when the car is supplied.

Given that....leaving the full size in the garage - doesn't that kinda defeat the object of having a spare in case you get a puncture?

Holden_ve

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SPAK 3.8 M5
The top of the opening is smaller.. but the boot is deeper.. theopening space is NOT compromised boot space IS maximised.. battery is also located in boot

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
SSV8pilot said:
I'm guessing that if you option up the full size - you get one or the other not both when the car is supplied.

Given that....leaving the full size in the garage - doesn't that kinda defeat the object of having a spare in case you get a puncture?

Um... If the space saver is incorporated into the price, then the optioned up full size spare should be an "as well as" option and not an "instead of" option. i.e. I imagine you would get both... In fact when I place my order I will insist!

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Um... If the space saver is incorporated into the price, then the optioned up full size spare should be an "as well as" option and not an "instead of" option. i.e. I imagine you would get both... In fact when I place my order I will insist!

If you get both that would be good. My guess though is a full size wheel with a premuim brand tyre - it would be one or the other for that price.

I'm looking at the same thing - for me buying a new tyre for $250 now will save a fair bit in a years time - just means i'd need to buy one more of the same brand to keep the front or rear pair matched.

Be interested to find out how you go.

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver

Im pretty sure if you pay the extra $250 it will be an upgrade to a full size spare, you wont be buying the fullsize as well as a space saver. When you upgrade you fries you dont get large and regular together. :thumbsup:

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Dave398 said:
Im pretty sure if you pay the extra $250 it will be an upgrade to a full size spare, you wont be buying the fullsize as well as a space saver. When you upgrade you fries you dont get large and regular together. :thumbsup:
Similar to how you order an upgrade to a leather interior, you wouldn't get the cloth trim one as a spare. Upgrades and options are just that, unless it specifies it as an addition you can pretty much assume you get the full option only.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
If there terminology used was "upgrade" rather than "option" then I would agree.

However the fact it is an "option" means that the cost of the space saver is incorporated into the cost of the car. I'm not "upgrading", I'm buying an "optional" extra.

I can see the point being made but if I'm paying EXTRA then I also want what is available as part of the STANDARD cost. Would be interesting to get the ACCC's take on the matter. Hmmm, curious. Will have to wait and see. However it's certainly not something that would be a deal breaker for me - I will end up with both :D