Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE boot

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Tyre prices will come down!!! Remember how much 17 inch tyres were not more than 5 or 6 years ago? This is new tyre technology and like everything new, it costs more initially. I bought an LCD flat screen TV a month ago and now the newer model is out and slightly cheaper... Happens all the time...

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Tyre prices will come down!!! Remember how much 17 inch tyres were not more than 5 or 6 years ago? T
Geeeeezzz..... I think I have posted that somewhere before.......

This thread is slowly getting nowhere. Who votes it should be killed?

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Im supprised you guys are focused on an option for full sized wheel. from a boot perspective i am much more interested in whether there will be a full half back seat fold down, rather than the current little pissy bit in the middle that you can't fit stuff all through.

Does anyone know if they are going to fix this for the ve or not?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I read a couple of weeks ago that the seat only has the little hole through the middle, same as allways. Unless somethings changed you can assume that's the truth :)

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
There is no 60/40 split fold rear seats... Same Holden trade mark centre seat fold down only. Means you can have 4 adults in the car and skis in the boot or whatever. MUCH more practicle than losing a whole seat!!!

Seems to be the back seat difference between ford and holden... I hate split fold rear seats!

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
There is no 60/40 split fold rear seats... Same Holden trade mark centre seat fold down only. Means you can have 4 adults in the car and skis in the boot or whatever. MUCH more practicle than losing a whole seat!!!

It has it's advantages and disadvantages. There'd be a lot more strength in a solid back seat I'd imagine, but then for those really bulky/long items, the split seat would be good. Having said that, I've had my commo in my family for 11 years now, and we've never had to carry anything that needed a split seat. Bets thing about the ski port is ya can have it down, with 2 people in the back and still get good bass :thumbsup:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Rombles said:
Are the tyres on these cars designed for a specific side of the car? I can't remember the right word for this.... (dammit) asymmetrical maybe? ie if you go the full size spare do you get a left or a right side tyre?

The word you're looking for is "directional", and that's a really good question!

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
davey g-force said:
The word you're looking for is "directional", and that's a really good question!

I can't imagine Holden, or any other car manufacturer (who's cars actually have a spare tyre) bringing out directional tyres as standard just for this reason.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
Evman said:
I can't imagine Holden, or any other car manufacturer (who's cars actually have a spare tyre) bringing out directional tyres as standard just for this reason.

...unless they introduced a space-saver as standard, to encourage people to replace a damaged tyre with one which matched the appropriate position on the car.