Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE brake conversion kit

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Front: Any VT to VZ front calipers will bolt on. You'll nee the backing plates too and they are a straight fit as well. You can buy centering rings or swap your hubs for VT series I which have the same ABS connection, if you have ABS. You'll need new brake lines which should be available on eBay. That's where I got mine. Swap your master cylinder for a VT-VZ item but you'll need to shorten the plunger a mm or so. I unscrewed the mushroom head nut and ground the shaft down a bit to fit. A reservoir from an AU falcon fits the master cylinder and has the correct angle for the VR firewall.
Rear: If you have IRS, VT to VZ trailing arms bolt on as well and come with the brakes. They are a wider but still fit under the guards. You'll need spacers to make the drive shafts fit. Spacers I used were from a Porsche 996. I also welded on the toe control links and swapped in the M80 LSD but that's another story.
Wow. It amazes me how much information and experience can be gleaned from this forum.
Great suggestions, anda lot of "try it and see" has gone into that!

Merv Murray

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE 6.0 A6
Thanks for that mate, that sounds like what I’m looking for. I’ll check them out. Do you know if the VR discs can be used or are they a different size all together?
cheers!
DBA make a VT to VR/VS rotor for this conversion, you will have to trim the backing plate as the VT caliper will interfere as it is bigger.