Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE brake upgrade

andodge

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute MY9.5 344RWkW
Hey guys,
I know there are a lot of threads about doing VT brake upgrades, i've seen a few people suggest the VE brake upgrade... they say you don't have to bother about doing any upgrades the booster and master cylinder for the VE. Ive seen kits on ebay for VT upgrade (not including anything to do with booster or mc) for <600 (cheaper DIY), and VE upgrade for 725.
Wondering if anyone has done the VE upgrade? And would be worth the extra money for not having to dick around the booster and mc, and is the VE a better upgrade performance wise then the VT upgrade?

I upgraded my front brakes with brand new Brembo's 4 spots with 355mm discs, I bought the package from Holmart online, delivered for $1050.00 they are identical to the redline SSV units but sliver in colour rather than red calipers (they are imported from the USA).

Great upgrade for the money and they took little over an hour to bolt on myself no mods required. The standard VE brakes are a complete joke.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I upgraded my front brakes with brand new Brembo's 4 spots with 355mm discs, I bought the package from Holmart online, delivered for $1050.00 they are identical to the redline SSV units but sliver in colour rather than red calipers (they are imported from the USA).

Great upgrade for the money and they took little over an hour to bolt on myself no mods required. The standard VE brakes are a complete joke.

Mate not everyone has 19" wheels that can fit 355mm rotors behind them okay.
Also the standard VE brakes in a VL, would pull it up just as fast as what your 4 piston Brembo's with 355mm rotors would pull your VE up.

Damovsls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs equipe
The VE upgrade kit comes with everything you need to bolt it to the car. Rotors, calipers, pads, brake lines, fluid, and all mounting hardware. No cutting required. No changing booster or master cylinder. They come in two size rotors, 289mm, or 322mm.

I do this kit Press Releases scroll down until you get to the Commodore VE Spec Upgrade. Similar pricing as found on Ebay, but if you are close to a warehouse (I have one in every capital city) there would be no shipping involved.
Are you able to send me the link please

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Is that kit called the big brake kit with brockys face on the box and uses a redrilled for a commodore stud pattern on a
rda ford territory disc

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is that kit called the big brake kit with brockys face on the box and uses a redrilled for a commodore stud pattern on a
rda ford territory disc

Yes it was. Was a decent kit too. You can still get the rotors as a special order from RDA I believe, but they don't do the kit anymore.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
I have the main parts of the kit ...still unused ...320mm discs ve calipers ...brackets mounting hardware actually everything less the hoses
It was never put it on a car .even have the box with brockys face on it ....anyone keen?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
These are the Dba discs that are modded to suit ...they look like they drill out the stud holes between the stock Ford ones to suit a commodore ......do they normally have that step on the Ford stud holes or are they done like this so you don’t try to use them ?
6AE67519-4095-4860-8D70-E335C2526384.jpeg
theres small hub rings that shim up the centre hole as well so only a poofteeth and they are close to 34mm thick
here is one of the discs

Last edited: