Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais 6.0L transmission issues

meatballman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais 6.0L
Hey guys, just purchased a 2006 v8 VE Calais off someone privately a few weeks ago and since purchase have had it checked and have been listed many different issues with the car, some which I have been slowly knocking off the list. One issue I am unsure about and have been researching about has been the vehicle jolting when accelerating maybe 40% throttle between first second and third gears. The car is a auto and I noticed that when I put the vehicle into sports shift and change gears myself, it won’t have this issue. Vehicle seems to hesitate and then jolt aggressively and it’s very unpleasant to drive, seems to happen whether car is warmed up or not.

I have had a transmission service done along with a regular 140k service done within the last week but nobody is able to tell me what the issue is. Research is telling me that this is a common issue with the 6L80E trans but i’m struggling to find any fix or resolutions for it. Don’t really want to need to fork out big money for a transmission replacement. Any advice?

Last edited:

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Search the forum here. Someone posted a link to the technical bulletin about it. Otherwise I'm seeing tramission guy on Friday regarding my 6L80e.

meatballman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais 6.0L
Search the forum here. Someone posted a link to the technical bulletin about it. Otherwise I'm seeing tramission guy on Friday regarding my 6L80e.
did you happen to have a link mate?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Haha, i'd forgotten about that post :p

If only Holden/GM service bulletins were easily searched by us plebs :rolleyes:

Last edited:

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
great mate! thankyou
Hey mate, just fyi, I took my car to a tranmission guy today (sureshift in Brisbane, awesome guy for any locals) he tested mine. The solinoids were reporting low voltage. My battery according to engineering page was at 67%. Did a solinoids clean and it is alot better, no more flaring although I've only done 20ks since. I'm going to get a new battery anyway.

SSFUNKEL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX 202, VR BT1, VZ SS 6.0 GEN IV
Hey mate, just fyi, I took my car to a tranmission guy today (sureshift in Brisbane, awesome guy for any locals) he tested mine. The solinoids were reporting low voltage. My battery according to engineering page was at 67%. Did a solinoids clean and it is alot better, no more flaring although I've only done 20ks since. I'm going to get a new battery anyway.
Yeah, Low battery Can throw up all kinds of codes. My VZ 6ltr Has Stability Control fitted, and an Exhaust sensor went and ''Trac Off'' Got stuck on, it went into ''Limp Mode'' Where it would slam into 2nd n 3rd. Only 4 spd but for ''Limp Mode'' It's almost like it's punishing the Trans n Driveshaft to save the Engine from Low voltage or o2 Sensor! :/ Weird I imagine the Age Of these cars Many are going to buy em cheap and think they have serious issues and start with everything Expensive only to realize it was a dodgy Earth or Rusty old O2 sensor!