Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais -- dash cam install

Filochik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hi guys,

Bought a fancy dash cam front and rear. Have attached the cams, but the cables are annoying.

Anyone know an easy way to install them and hide thrm nicely? Dont want to rip up the roof lining if theres another way.

Plus, hate that the cig lighter is in the middle of the car, makes for annoying cables going to the middle of the car.

Anyone have any idea? Or has installed one similar?

Searched google for a front console cig lighter and only found one on the other side of melb for $90. Hoping to get this done by Wednesday.

also says in the manual to connect dash cam battery to fuse continuous power then metal body to keep it running, don't want to destroy my car in the process.

Help please

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
buy "attatch to body" i think they just mean a simple ground wire, like when you've got a sub etc hooked up?

And I'm also interested for this for VZ

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So "connect dash cam battery to fuse continuous power" means it needs continuous power (I think), so mount in front of rear vision mirror and get power from overhead console, tap into orange wire.
Regarding running cable to rear camera I would look to a wireless video transmitter (~$20 + pp) instead of cabling because ima lazy bones and likely mess it up.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
I connected mine to the spare power plug that's under the IQ system, if you take off the driver side foot well panel you should see it, I then just ran the wire under the drivers seat and up the B-piller and across the roof between the roof lining and roof its self and poked it out at the windscreen.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
The smokers kit is the ideal way to do it - pretty simple to install and costs around $75 from a dealer

Then just run the wiring under the console, under the th steering wheel and then up the b pillar and across the roof lining

Filochik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Thanks guys. I tried calling holden re smokers pack and he was clueless as to what it was, said there was only a picture blah blah and ummed and arred on the phone.

Might try another dealer.

As for the wireless transmitter, its only one long cable I'd have to run from the front to the back, just scared ill shred my roof lining in the process.

May just take it to an auto elec and get a quote cos its doing my head in, arghhh