Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Glove Box Door Removal due to vibration

robber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 06
Morning guys!

I have noticed a really annoying vibration / rattle coming from the glove box door of my 2006 VE Calais. It appears to be in or around the lock it's self. Really ruins the driving experience when you have an annoying rattle. So back to my question, does anyone know how to remove just the door (not the whole glove box) or remove the carpeted area in the glove box to expose the lock and arm mechanisim? I think there may be a little play in there causing the rattle. Cheers again guys

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Need to remove the whole thing to then remove the door. The door then splits into two pieces to expose the locking mechanism.

Jeearr70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportswagon
Thanks heaps for your post RiCeY, that just answered the question I came here to have answered.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I also had this. It was caused by a small plastic tab that had broken off and was floating about between the the two layers of the glove box door.

To remove the glove box, there is two pins that need to be removed using a flat screw driver and patience.
Then the two layers/components can be separated by undoing a few screws.

If your glove box is stuffed, they are cheap to get from wreckers and the eBays. If the trim colour doesn’t match, it’s no biggie. Just merge the two together.

There’s a good guide on removing the glove box on auto instruct as part of the iq upgrade. It’s easy.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I almost took photos of this disassemble/reassemble