Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Head Unit Wiring

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Hi guys.

I have a 2006 VE Calais. At the moment I am thinking of building a 'carputer' and installing it to the calais as a new project of mine.

How can I go about connecting a video source to this stock unit? Does the unit accept S-Video, VGA (most unlikely), AV input or some other means?

Either connecting it to the NAV button or the AUX button doesn't really matter to me but if anyone knows the pin out/colour codes/values or any diagram materials I would greatly appreciate it.

In failing that, I may have to look at the back of the unit itself but that may be a challenge in itself. I have no idea how to take it out. Looks like a big motherf**ker to me!

Thanks!

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
I would go see Adrian at no limit electronics in Melb. They do a wiring harness that will hook straight into the back of your headunit for rca input. If you were wanting to use the carputer whilst moving you would also need a VIM (vehicle in motion) mod for the unit, which they can also do, so the screen wont turn off when you start to move. Hope this helps

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Thanks for that. Just had a look at their website.

Doesn't say much about it but the name is somehow familiar thou. Might swing past there on the way home from work next week. Only a short drive from where I work.

If I can get the input harness, then all I need to do is figure out how to change/modify the head unit to touch screen and i'll be all set!