Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Lowered, 20" Rims

ozziieee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Calais
I am looking at putting 20" rims on my VE Calais! if i were to also put SSL springs on it does anyone know how much room ill have between my wheels and guards? send photos if you have any!

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
I am looking at putting 20" rims on my VE Calais! if i were to also put SSL springs on it does anyone know how much room ill have between my wheels and guards? send photos if you have any!

whilst waiting for someone with a Calais and 20" wheels to reply, take a look through this thread:
measure your centre of your wheel hub to top of guard/eyebrow and compare with other Calais
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/king-springs-ves.152423
Also, vital info to an answer for you:
- is your Calais a V6 or V8?
- is your Calais a Sedan or Wagon?
As on VE's, a V6 need 1 level lower on front to be (approx.) same height at back, ie check out the King Springs catalogue: http://www.kingsprings.com.au/catalogue/Kings Superlow Caralogue 040203.pdf

Below Part No's for Calais Sedan:
V6 SuperLow Front: Part #KHFL-150SSSL+
V6 SuperLow Rear: Part #KHRL-152SSL+
V8 SuperLow Front: Part #KHFL-150SSL+
V8 SuperLow Rear: Part #KHRL-152SSL+

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!

It will depend entirely on the offset of the rim. If you're talking about any Holden and HSV OEM 20 inch rims, there will be no issues with clearance even with SSL springs. If they're after market rims, what are their full dimensions/specs incl. offset?

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
It will depend entirely on the offset of the rim. If you're talking about any Holden and HSV OEM 20 inch rims, there will be no issues with clearance even with SSL springs. If they're after market rims, what are their full dimensions/specs incl. offset?

good point! i read this as a height question not an offset question...

this thread may help as it has some links to offset calculators: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/rims-calais-ve-v-6ltr.93505

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I am looking at putting 20" rims on my VE Calais! if i were to also put SSL springs on it does anyone know how much room ill have between my wheels and guards?

Depending on your OFFSET and just as Importantly WIDTHS I'm gonna say heaps!!!!

Don't car how low your are with Holdens HSVi series of 20x8s with 48P offset, geniune HSV 20x8.5s with 36P fronts and geniune HSV 20x9.5s with 57P rears you'll have like 15mm inside and 20mm out.

And make sure you have a wheel alignment!!! -2.5 or -3 degrees of camber can affect your wheel fitment by up to 10-15mm.