Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hilts

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais
Re posting this as i forgot to add the tags to it.
Just wanting to know where i can get my rear dvd player repaired in adelaide. Its the flip down type from the roof for the rear passengers in a 2008 ve calais. It recieves power and comes up with the word dvd or blaupunk or something, cant remember as its been a while since i looked at it, but thats all it does. It tries to read the dvd but cant. Anyone got any ideas and who can repair it?

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Mate
Re posting this as i forgot to add the tags to it.
Just wanting to know where i can get my rear dvd player repaired in adelaide. Its the flip down type from the roof for the rear passengers in a 2008 ve calais. It recieves power and comes up with the word dvd or blaupunk or something, cant remember as its been a while since i looked at it, but thats all it does. It tries to read the dvd but cant. Anyone got any ideas and who can repair it?
Mate now we know that it's getting power, have you tried a few different dvds, had this problem in a previous car. For whatever reason there were certain dvds that it wouldn't read.
Good luck.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If it’s trying to read the dvd, you should be able to hear the optical block seeking the start trac of a disc. Such sounds like a faint tick tick tick….

If that’s the case it could be the laser within the optical block has failed or the rods that the optical block slides on have gotten gummy. With the either problem the player needs to be removed to be repaired.

If the failure to play a dvd is caused by the optical block not sliding freely on the rods, then thoses rods can be cleaned with isolpopal alcohol and a verry small amount of high temp thin food safe grease sparingly smeared on the rod… This should be a diy task if your reasonably confident and careful. That’s worked for me on a few home based players.

If the failure to play the dvd is caused by a dead laser, then the optical block must be replaced and best practice is doing a laser calibration of the new optical block. Never changed on out as they are rather small bits and need info and tools to do the calibration.. But any electronics repair place should be able to do the work if the electronics spare parts are still available and can be sourced (Holden will just tell you to buy a whole new DVD player for $$$$ if they are still available so don’t bother asking them unless it‘s who can repair such electronics.).