Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Redline

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
From memory, the CalaisV Redline came in sedan or wagon, had 6 litre AFM V8 as standard and came with forged wheels and Brembo's on the front.
You could get a selection of paint colors and interior colors but i always thought a wagon in sizzle with a titanium interior looked smick.
It was a refined machine so wouldn't have come with factory OTR CAI.

Only three Calais V Redlines currently showing available on carsales...

They were not a popular variant so sold in limited numbers and thus were sadly discontinued.
As such, being limited numbers, why would you want to mod the vehicle and almost certainly de-value it in the process?

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
"As such, being limited numbers, why would you want to mod the vehicle and almost certainly de-value it in the process"
I 100% agree with this

RedlineCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Series II Redline
wow, it came with an OTR factory? My 2016 SSV Redline didn’t even get that. I’ve bought a VCM OTR for it, but haven’t installed it yet. Did you get brembos all round, or just fronts?
Just fronts, maybe the OTR is an aftermarket, it looks like it came like that so I assumed, sorry I’m not to familiar with what is standard.

RedlineCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
From memory, the CalaisV Redline came in sedan or wagon, had 6 litre AFM V8 as standard and came with forged wheels and Brembo's on the front.
You could get a selection of paint colors and interior colors but i always thought a wagon in sizzle with a titanium interior looked smick.
It was a refined machine so wouldn't have come with factory OTR CAI.

Only three Calais V Redlines currently showing available on carsales...

They were not a popular variant so sold in limited numbers and thus were sadly discontinued.
As such, being limited numbers, why would you want to mod the vehicle and almost certainly de-value it in the process?
Fair enough

RedlineCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
"As such, being limited numbers, why would you want to mod the vehicle and almost certainly de-value it in the process"
I 100% agree with this
Fair enough, would having an OTR that isn’t factory would devalue the car? The car is a 2 owner car with books and 114000km it’s a 2011 and it was made in Elizabeth from what I found out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Fair enough, would having an OTR that isn’t factory would devalue the car? The car is a 2 owner car with books and 114000km it’s a 2011 and it was made in Elizabeth from what I found out.
The bigger question could be what accompanies the OTR CAI. Did the previous owner add one or more of extractors and/or cat back exhaust, internal engine mods, a tune? If it had extractors, engine mods and a tune, you’d want to know how aggressive the tune is and whether you need 98 RON min... else you may break the motor with 91 RON.

Holden service can determine if there is a non factory tune loaded to the ECU.

As is, I would think with a Calais, the type of buyer wouldn’t be looking at performance and mods in the same way as an SS buyer for example. So a prospective Calais owner, when seeing mods, may have them thinking less of the car as a result (= less value)...

If it’s just a OTR CAI without other mods, that’s easy enough to remove before selling it but if it comes with other mods and a tune, it‘s harder to remove and may have an impact on potential buyers.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Ha ha ha, Holden offered a Redline in the Calais for the Series 2 VE. It came with Brembo brakes, OTR along with other options. Irs a awesome car, just want to do some work to it and I’m not sure where to start.
Brembos on the front only. No OTR.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just fronts, maybe the OTR is an aftermarket, it looks like it came like that so I assumed, sorry I’m not to familiar with what is standard.

What suspension is fitted to a Calais Redline?