Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais reverse sensors

commy fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ONE TONNER & VE CALAIS
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me please . We have a 9/09 VE series 1 Calais with the 3.6 SIDI motor and 6 speed auto. The reversing sensor system has stopped working. It normally would display on the radio/clock screen and beep to say it was on. It is now not displaying on the radio screen and no sound either to say it's on or beeping to tell the distance. There is no apparent damage to the sensors. Is anyone able to help me find and diagnose the fault please.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Could be a faulty module or if you have a tow bar the trailer connection door magnet may be missing.

commy fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ONE TONNER & VE CALAIS
Could be a faulty module or if you have a tow bar the trailer connection door magnet may be missing.
Thanks, no towbar so I'll go with a faulty module. Anyone know how much a module costs new, genuine? Also our car has sensors in the front bumper but front park assist has never worked, we've had the car since December 2010 with only 17,000k. Does the one module do both front and back?