Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve calais series 1, radio replacement advise needed

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
Hi just thought I would add this to forum.
I have a Ve calais V series 1, 2007 radio that needs to be replaced as confirmed . This unit has the ceiling mounted dvd which runs back to the head unit.
My question is can a 2008 calais series 1 head unit ve be a suitable replacement after reprogrammed?
Do the 2008 also have dvd built into these head units?
It's also same brand being blaupunkt.
Any help much appreciated.
I don't want to look at replacement units if it's not going to link with the factory dvd.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
From memory, my R8 had a multi stack cd player in the head unit which I'm pretty sure is the same as the Calais head unit. It may have been an option to have DVD playback on that head unit given that it was a full colour screen.

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
From memory, my R8 had a multi stack cd player in the head unit which I'm pretty sure is the same as the Calais head unit. It may have been an option to have DVD playback on that head unit given that it was a full colour screen.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Yeah I believe they are a 6 stacker but mine has dvd which plays through front and rear screens.
My major issue is I need to replace this unit and I'm currently looking at calais same seres S1 but instead of 2007 I'm looking at 2008 which looks identical.
The only confusing part is mine is a V model which may have a couple of extra features so can my ceiling dvd still connect into this unit or would it only just suit cd which means my rear dvd is useless.

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
Hi All
So just another question.
With the 2008 model radio I'm currently looking at out of a series 1, calais is this just a matter of connecting dvd imputs into radio ? To provide sound and picture.
So rear dvd ceiling unit would play and send AUX signal to head unit .

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Dozer, another thing is a unit from a different car may require programming before it will work in your car. I know some units require a vin match before they'll work.

Edit: Scratch that. You already know they need reprogramming.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Buy an AeroPro double din dual climate HVAC controller & buy yourself a kick ass double din head unit (Alpine, Pioneer etc) from a reputable store