Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Series 1 seats into Series 2 Omega

Paul73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Storm
Have done a search but can't find what I'm looking for.
Will Calais Series 1 seats work with no airbag errors ect, into Series 2 Omega? Thanks

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Have done a search but can't find what I'm looking for.
Will Calais Series 1 seats work with no airbag errors ect, into Series 2 Omega? Thanks
use the S2 base(s) with the S1 seats (4 bolts on the bottom)…

but I would assume that S1 Calais seats have side airbags as standard… mine do & I’ve fitted them to an VE Omega

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Thanks for your input.
No dramas mate....

You will have some "slight" power issues on the passenger side (If your Calais seats are full electric), you will need to find & run a +12v to use the motor functions of the passenger seat

The drivers seat, if it doesnt work, all you need to do is press 1 of the 3 memory buttons & that will wake the seat motors up from sleep mode

Paul73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Storm
Thanks guys for your help I got the Series 1 Calais seats to work. Used the S1 bases as they had electric rails. Used my S2 seat belt and wired across from drivers to passenger side. Also used help from https://www.carmodder.com/viewtopic.php?t=30533
To get my wiring working. Hope this helps someone else.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Thanks guys for your help I got the Series 1 Calais seats to work. Used the S1 bases as they had electric rails. Used my S2 seat belt and wired across from drivers to passenger side. Also used help from https://www.carmodder.com/viewtopic.php?t=30533
To get my wiring working. Hope this helps someone else.
Exactly what’s needed to be done mate - did the exact same with mine LOL & used the same link too :D