Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Series 2 Bluetooth Problem

CalaisVseries2VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Series 2
Hi there, I recently Purchased a VE series 2 Calais V, and I've started to stumble across a problem. For some reason, the audio in the bluetooth system will automatically pause or mute itself, however it will still be playing on the phone, I would have to manually press the stop/play button to get it to keep playing. Just wondering if anyone's come across this before, and if there is a fix.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new car :cool:

I don't often listen to music within my VF (which uses MyLink is different to VE IQ) so don't have a specific solution for you.
But, generally, issues can occur for a multitude of reasons.
The biggest reason tends to be that VE series 2 is old in tech terms and may only play well with some old phones.
Also, newer phones may use later BT versions so the phone expects certain features that the head unit may not be able to provide.

To cope with such moving goal posts of sorts, the vehicle's IQ system may need a firmware update.
Such updates can accommodate newer phones or solve known issues.
Unfortunately I'm not sure what Holden has done with the VE S2 IQ system or whether they have ever update the firmware on them.
You may need to talk to Holden to find out if you're vehicles firmware is up to date or wait for someone with a VE to reply to this thread.

You could also try using a cable if it's even possible with your IQ unit.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Are you using an iPhone?

pupperdontpreach

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Series II
Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I have a VE series 2 and it has just started doing the same thing today

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Since the OP didn't even bother to acknowledge the reply he received on his original post three years ago, or the question he was asked, I doubt that you will have any success getting a reply from him. Perhaps another forum member may be able to help you.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Since the OP didn't even bother to acknowledge the reply he received on his original post three years ago, or the question he was asked, I doubt that you will have any success getting a reply from him. Perhaps another forum member may be able to help you.

Hasn't been seen since the one and only first post.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon