Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Series 2 - new Head Unit - Android Auto

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Looks impressive, don't like the way it sits out over the original screen. I ended up going with the ASL version that uses the original screen and adds nav using an add on module. The only two things I don't like about it is it uses an extra speaker rather than built in ones and a couple of the buttons still don't get used for it on the screen. Sure I will get used to it though.

anthonylardo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Redline Wagon
No no, it replaces it. I don't really like the floating look and prefer a fully integrated look, but this unit seems to be the best integrated factory looking one on the market without the common limitations of the others like no reverse camera or no steering wheel controls.

For this Alpine unit, i need to figure out how to use the factory reverse camera. I don't want to go installing a new one.

Over 2 grand is a lot of dough, and I'd probably prefer to get a set of rear Brembos for my Redline for that money :p

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The reverse camera wiring should be easy to fit. It won’t have an RCA. It will be actual wires.

anthonylardo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Redline Wagon
Yeah cool.
Can't find a specific install manual for the VE kit, unfortunately.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nope. You will need the VE wiring diagrams.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It does but you’ll need an adaptor harness to do it well. Alpine to VE Commodore.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
No no, it replaces it. I don't really like the floating look and prefer a fully integrated look, but this unit seems to be the best integrated factory looking one on the market without the common limitations of the others like no reverse camera or no steering wheel controls.

For this Alpine unit, i need to figure out how to use the factory reverse camera. I don't want to go installing a new one.

Over 2 grand is a lot of dough, and I'd probably prefer to get a set of rear Brembos for my Redline for that money :p
Oh wow, okay did not realise it is integrated. Yeah a lot of bucks for what it is though, I'd go the brakes too.

CJ0089

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS

Cheaper Aerpro kit being released for series 2.

https://fb.watch/hiBFPw6YnL/?mibextid=NnVzG8