Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais SIDI throttle issues

Holdenfreak84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Series 2
Hi Guys,

I have a 2010 series 2 VE Calais which has a strange throttle and gearbox issue. It is almost as if the throttle, engine and gearbox lose communication with each other.

While driving the throttle will become completely non responsive, I can pump the throttle to the floor and it will not react in any way until I completely remove my foot from the the throttle and re apply throttle. Occasionally the transmission will also change back a gear or two for no reason at all and then will continue to shift between gears - feels like it doesn’t know what revs the engine is running at or where the throttle is.
In addition to this the ESP fails after about 5-10 mins driving.

So far I have done a complete engine flush and service.
Replaced the battery which was starting to fail.
Replaced ignition coils, also starting to fail.
Done a fluid and filter change on the transmission.
Replaced the throttle position sensor.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Thank you

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Probably a job for a Dealer if its not throwing out codes.
Just out of interest how many K's has it done.

siniSSterbloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
One of the sensors or harness playing up maybe?. I had issues with gearbox after a speed sensor or harness starting having issues like the ecu, gearbox and throttle weren't talking to each other. Mine would lose or change back gears and flare to the roof and throw the stability control loss of traction on the dash and would.t fix itself till i took foot off the throttle and re depressed the accelerator.
May not be the issue but yeah, worth a look if you can see codes too.

Holdenfreak84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Series 2
One of the sensors or harness playing up maybe?. I had issues with gearbox after a speed sensor or harness starting having issues like the ecu, gearbox and throttle weren't talking to each other. Mine would lose or change back gears and flare to the roof and throw the stability control loss of traction on the dash and would.t fix itself till i took foot off the throttle and re depressed the accelerator.
May not be the issue but yeah, worth a look if you can see codes too.
Thanks mate. Sounds exactly like what mine is doing

Hot Rod GT G8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 PONTIAC G8 GT
In your engine compartment fuse box check fuses F1,F9 and F28, make sure they look ok and seated properly, also check Relay R2, wich should be your comm enable, try switching it with another relay that's the same number like R5.