Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais-V 6L Clunk when engaging D or R-other owners comment?

vol800

Vader
Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice-V
Thanks for recommendation on FTG Holden, I went in there and was very impressed.
Holden have rung me regarding the transmission..and sent out a Tech to ride with me where they logged the transmission performance.

Subsequently, they uploaded new software into the transmission which helped a little but in 4 weeks promised a new A6 transmission.... I believe the Engineer was sincere in assuring me it would be fitted to my car and now I'm waiting to see if Holden back him up.
Can't say too much now, I want to wait until it's safely bolted in before I disclose the whys and hows...

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Sounds like it might be a good result. Be sure to keep us updated. :D

I've since found that mine has a bit of the 3rd to 2nd lag but only in auto mode - which I hardly ever use. Hence why it took me a while to discover it. I will definitely bring it up at my first service. I appreciate all the info in this thread. :thumbsup:

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Thanks for recommendation on FTG Holden, I went in there and was very impressed.
Holden have rung me regarding the transmission..and sent out a Tech to ride with me where they logged the transmission performance.

Subsequently, they uploaded new software into the transmission which helped a little but in 4 weeks promised a new A6 transmission.... I believe the Engineer was sincere in assuring me it would be fitted to my car and now I'm waiting to see if Holden back him up.
Can't say too much now, I want to wait until it's safely bolted in before I disclose the whys and hows...
Yes please let us know how you go.... My Auto is doing all this as well and service does not seem to care... They said the car has the most recent update installed... Im told the auto as to be worn in as the car is new...

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I have a whines and odd gear chaing on my calias, I've taken it back to dealer and they test it and say it it is within specs. and thats it!!.
I take it home and put up with it.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
***Update from Holden***
My dealer has contacted Holden and they have logged a case study on the issues with the transmission. Waiting a fix solution. Will keep you all posted

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
***Update from Holden***
My dealer has contacted Holden and they have logged a case study on the issues with the transmission. Waiting a fix solution. Will keep you all posted

Good man:thumbsup: keep us posted....

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
***Another Update from my Dealer***
They have been testing all week and agree that there is something not right with the 2nd to 3rd gear change which is very noticable in the morning first thing when the car is cold. I get the flare in gear change for the first 10 mins or so of driving most of the time. Some days the first shift does this and the rest are ok. They have installed a software update in the gearbox but awaiting to hear back from Holden Engineering on my case study.

I will keep you all posted as soon as I hear anything, but if anyone has this issue and has had it sorted, please let me know and what they did so I can tell my dealer.

Thanks Tim

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got it back on Saturday but they are still waiting on Holden to advise what the next option is on sorting it. A case study has been placed in regards to the flaring on the 2nd to 3rd change. They reinstalled the most recent auto software update and I have noticed a slight different in the shift being better and it only does it for the maybe first or 2nd change when cold.

But according to the dealer, Holden is working on another update to sort it out... Its just a waiting game now.

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I get this problem with my 5 speed Auto and I get a high pitched whine when cold start, I am taking it in for a service friday , I have had this problem for 14 months and I can't get anywhere with the dealer.