Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais V A/C Cuts Out

HERVE6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hi,

I got a Ve Calais V 2006 about 3 months ago and lately since the weather has been heating up my A/C had been cutting out on me!! I'll turn it on and after a few mins it will just stop! its very fustrating with a hot car and leather seats.Its just been for its 75,000km service and the battrey is borderline which i knew already and i will be replacing it soon but other than he said the car was prefect.It seems to mainley happen them its on the coldest Temp and seems to be okay on 17 Degrees from what i can tell at the moment.

had anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

:)

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
I've got the same problem, I've been told there is a software update, let us know how you go.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Does the air stop coming out of the vents? If so the evaporator is icing up due to an issue with the evaporator temp sensor. It tells the car that the evaporator is warmer than it actually is so it gets colder and colder till it freezes and air cant pass through it.

If air keeps coming out but gets warm then it could be low refridgerant and simply need a regass.

Pulley or belt related issues generally result in the AC not working at all as its thrown the belt that drives the compressor.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I have an intermittent issue like this... If I give the car a boot sometimes the A/C stops being cold until I turn the system off and back on. It's like when I used to lose the belt except it's fixed if I turn it off and back on :hmmm:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
If you have lost a little gas over time, the compressor will stop when it get the low pressure signal on the refrigerant pressure. If you leave it longer, more gas will escape and it won't start the compressor at all

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I have an intermittent issue like this... If I give the car a boot sometimes the A/C stops being cold until I turn the system off and back on. It's like when I used to lose the belt except it's fixed if I turn it off and back on :hmmm:

Its normal for the compressor the shut down during heavy throttle but it should come back on again once cruising.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Does the air stop coming out of the vents? If so the evaporator is icing up due to an issue with the evaporator temp sensor. It tells the car that the evaporator is warmer than it actually is so it gets colder and colder till it freezes and air cant pass through it.

If air keeps coming out but gets warm then it could be low refridgerant and simply need a regass.

Pulley or belt related issues generally result in the AC not working at all as its thrown the belt that drives the compressor.

Mine, the air just stops coming out, if I turn the climate off and then back on it goes again.. Seems to only do it when the interior is very hot after being left in the sun. After turning off and on about 5-6 times it runs on its own (interior has cooled down).

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Had the same problem except the whole centre panel would turn off and the A/C would either stay on and not be able to be turned off or would cut out completely. I know someone at holden they told to me to pull the fuse out for the radio and a/c for 10 seconds, this fixed my problem but if it doesn';t i was told it would be the H_Vac Module. $450 from holden